JOB TITLE: Lead - Data Analyst
Role Type: Team Leader
Purpose of the role:
The person will be responsible for overseeing a team of data analysts and ensuring the efficient and accurate execution of data-related projects. The person will play a crucial role in driving data-driven decision-making within the organization and supporting the development and implementation of data strategies.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical and leadership skills, along with a deep understanding of data analysis techniques, tools, and technologies, who can think and work independently and deliver quick results, while demonstrating a team-player attitude.
It will include:
The person will lead a team of data analysts and foster a collaborative and innovative team culture. Responsible to identify training needs within the team and facilitate skill development.
Data Strategy Development:
Partners with the business to identify the appropriate data sources and analysis methodology and presents the results of data analyses and recommendations to management.
Implement and enforce data quality standards and the best practices, also conduct regular audits to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
Reporting and Visualization:
Develop and maintain reports and dashboards and ensure data visualizations are clear, concise, and actionable.
Cross Functional Collaboration:
Collaborate with stakeholders to define project goals, scope, and deliverables and provide data-driven insights and actionable recommendations to the stakeholders. Convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide timeline to accomplish.
Also work closely with IT teams to ensure data security and integrity.
- Data Accuracy and Quality: Monitor the accuracy and quality of the data and implement regular data quality checks and improvements.
- Data Visualization Effectiveness: Evaluate the effectiveness of data visualizations and assess whether visualizations are clear, insightful, and align with stakeholder needs.
- Project Efficiency: Ensure that projects are delivered within agreed-upon timelines and measure the success rates of completed projects.
- Data Governance Adherence: Ensure that the team adheres to data governance policies and standards and monitor compliance with data security and privacy regulations.
- Innovation and Process Improvement: Track the implementation of new tools or methodologies to enhance efficiency.
Required Skills And Qualifications.
- 10+ years of experience as a data analyst with minimum of 3 years of experience in managing the team.
- Proven analytics skills, including mining, evaluation, and visualization.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
- Strong SQL or Excel skills, with aptitude for learning other analytics tools
Preferred Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, computer science, economics, or statistics
- Experience with database and model design and segmentation techniques
- Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages, including Excel and SAS
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees ca 41,000.