What We Intend Together
At Blue Yonder, the Best Balance Ordering team is responsible for generating millions of fully automated order decisions for major grocery retailers every single day. We optimize our customers’ supply chain by:
- Managing scarce resources in distribution centers, taking into account constraining factors such as labor capacity and limited product quantities
- Preventing empty shelves in every single store, resulting in fewer lost sales and more satisfied customers
- Drastically reducing waste of fresh products, which not only has a substantial impact on the environment, but also increases the overall turnover
- All is packaged in a live cloud software as a service solution that reliably provides business critical decisions in a short time window
Making the right ordering decisions time and time again is important and has a great impact. We are one of only a few companies in the world that have solved the difficult problem of bringing Data Science into production while keeping costs and operations in check. We continue to relentlessly drive innovation to achieve our vision of an autonomous supply chain. Along the way, we have solved many interesting and challenging problems. Our most recent new endeavor: A lean and modern reimplementation of our core optimization algorithm in the Rust programming language. We would love to have you on board for this exciting journey.What Your Role Is With Us
What You Can Bring To Us
- Collaborating in a diverse and inclusive environment with passionate Data Scientists and Software Engineers improving our SaaS solution
- Devising and implementing stochastic optimization algorithms, including robust and explainable automated decision making
- Improving existing algorithms and software architecture for more efficiency and efficacy
- Contribute to design, implementation and testing for an expanding set of features
- Work together with other product teams to ensure smooth integration
What We Offer
- Motivation to work on complex problems and deliver simple and elegant designs and solutions
- Data science and software engineering expertise ideally in Python and a statically typed language such as C++ or Rust
- Profound knowledge of stochastic and statistic fundamentals, familiarity with fields such as operations research, quantitative analysis / modeling, and mathematical optimization
- An opportunity to have positive real-world impact
- Data Science challenges with direct customer business contact and impact, be it when engineering new enhancements or when hunting down critical customer issues
- Agile and test-driven software development is what we live by
- We value a scientific approach to problem solving in a friendly and collaborative team where your input and opinion counts
- We pride ourselves in working on a product that is continuously improving and being part of a team that listens and learns from each other as well as our customers.
- We are working with modern industry standards like Azure Cloud Services and Snowflake
- Proactive support of your career development through mentoring, training and participation in conferences
- An open-source compatible environment and the possibility to try out innovative approaches
- Hybrid working at our office in Karlsruhe, a beautiful, green and bike-friendly city centrally located in the south of Germany very close to the Black Forest, France, Switzerland…
- A workplace that balances work and private/family life offering benefits such as additional global day-offs for employee well-being, flexible work hours, paid child sick and parental leave.
Are you thrilled about the opportunity, but afraid to apply because you do not check all the boxes? We would still love to hear from you! We will do our best to hire for potential rather than only qualification. We believe that the individuality and diversity of our employees make a decisive contribution to our success. We welcome applications from all motivated candidates, regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, origin, or religion. We strive to be a family-friendly business and are open to modern working structures.Our Values
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success – and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Diversity, Inclusion, Value & Equality (DIVE) is our strategy for fostering an inclusive environment we can be proud of. Check out Blue Yonder's inaugural Diversity Report which outlines our commitment to change, and our video celebrating the differences in all of us in the words of some of our associates from around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.