Data science is at the heart of Mutinex's product and we are looking for talented Data Scientists to work with our customers data in our Model Scale team.
The work this team does is vital to our business, as you will extract and analyse our customers Marketing, Media and Sales Data and leverage the insights gained to configure our generalised model to surface critical business insights for customers in our core product, GrowthOs.
This means this team isn't doing deep model R&D but managing refreshes, configuring, diagnosing and calibrating models and becoming industry subject matter experts to contextualise model performance to our customers industry nuances.
Mutinex is an early stage SaaS startup that is already working with some of Australia and the world's largest brands.
We have a hybrid way of working with our office a short walk from Central station in Sydney.
You will work alongside our Account Managers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Marketing Scientists to take our latest modelling innovations and apply it to help our customers make effective marketing investment decisions You will collaborate closely with our R&D and Product teams to surface model workflows and feature engineering pipeline improvements.
Your day to day will consist of:
- Perform exploratory data analysis of a variety of customer and external datasets to understand the customer’s business, surface high-signal data and find opportunities for automating data quality assessments
- Apply, diagnose and configure our state-of-the-art model to solve our customers problems;
- Develop expertise in new domains, understanding industry nuances and contextualising model performance.
- Be a collaborative team member, working with stakeholder teams to improve process and suggest model workflow and feature pipeline improvements
What we are looking for
The key requirements for this role are:
- Around 2-4 years in similar Data Science, Customer Data Science or Data Analyst roles, preferably in startups or tech companies
- Proficiency in Python experience with libraries such as Pandas and NumPy
- Manipulating data
- Exploratory data analysis
- Debugging code
- Proficiency with SQL to be able extract and explore large and complex data sets
- Experience with git
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining a high level of attention to detail as well as communicating deadlines at risk of not being met
- A strong and proactive communicator, this role is cross functional and plays a key part in ensuring customers are getting value out of our product
The bonus skills and experience we get excited to see:
- Demonstrable experience with Time series data and models is also preferred while experience with Bayesian statistics/models and Media Mixed Modelling (MMM)
- Experience engineering new features and building and optimising model workflows (using open-source modelling libraries such as Scikit-Learn, XGBoost or Statsmodels, etc.) to solve business problems
- Understanding of machine learning principles
We might be an early stage startup but we already have strong product market fit, household name clients (Samsung, Mars, CUB and ING to name a few) and millions in revenue.
Being early stage means we're also still pretty scrappy and you wouldn't be coming into a well oiled machine, yet. But you would get a lot of opportunity to design, build and oil the machine until it's super oily.
We aren't aiming to be another Tech Unicorn because Unicorns aren't real. We are aiming (and confident of being) more like a real and really big animal that lives for a long time, like a Bowhead Whale.
Mutinex is a startup B2B SaaS platform that provides in-depth data analytics for marketers to better understand their ROI and make better decisions with future spend.
Founded in Australia, we've hit millions in ARR & have seed funding ($5 million in May 2023 & $9.5 million in October 2023 backed by EVP) that we'll use for growing our team to continue to improve our product, bring in new customers and enable them to make better and more informed decisions.
We have a hybrid work environment with teams in Sydney, Melbourne and expanding into the US.
With a team of around 50 people we value high quality communication, strong opinions that are held loosely and people who can give and take feedback well.
Equity (ESOP) is offered to all staff on top of their salary and we also offer additional annual leave after 1 year of tenure (from 20 to 25 days a year) that continues to grow another day each year of service until you max out at 30 days per year.