Paretos is the leading AI-based decision intelligence platform
to make effective, data-driven decisions across entire organizations. Our product enables business users to evaluate complex data, predict future scenarios and take optimal actions based on multi-objective recommendations via a no-code UI with no prior data science knowledge needed. As a remote-first company
with team members in Germany and also a few spread in Europe
, we strongly believe that this ambitious path is only possible with a great and diverse team.
paretos is an inclusive company with equal opportunities for all. Our corporate culture is guided by the principles of GUNG HO
- we believe in the synergy of worthwhile work, the control of achieving a common goal, and the importance of cheering each other on. We are proud to have brought together passionate, high-performing, and caring people of all genders, cultures, backgrounds, and views. Together, they all form the heart of the company and drive us to new heights every day. The combination of remote work and regular onsite-events is our key to strengthening our team spirit and to form our culture. To keep this up, we are happy to receive your application for this specific role, if you already live in Germany
or if you’re open to relocate
At paretos, you are bringing cutting-edge technology into application to support our mission of revolutionizing decision-making. You will be part of the “Geek” tech team that builds the machine learning backbone of our product. Currently, we're focusing on time series forecasting capabilities. Your daily tasks will include:
- You will coordinate and also work on new machine learning features hands-on, influence the product roadmap and decisions by understanding the business problem and suggesting pragmatic solutions to it.
- You will be responsible for testing new predictive modeling approaches and developing new or already existing machine learning/deep learning models to serve our product needs.
- Working together with a diverse and motivated team and enjoying shared discussions about machine learning/engineering concepts, you should be able to mentor your colleagues with your experience and skills.
- Working with data is your daily bread? Great! At paretos, you will be responsible for finding business and product opportunities based on our customer datasets.
- Demonstrating strategic thinking in product and feature development with the ability to generate tangible business value.
- 5+ years of working experience on Data Science products with hands-on, technical responsibilities as your main focus
- Advanced in Python - 5+ years of experience
- Hands-on modeling experience (e.g. Machine Learning, Deep Learning, time series modeling)
- Proficient in data analysis and data modeling in python including data preprocessing, data cleaning, and exploratory data analysis
- Proficient in mathematical problem formulation and solving
- Hands-on experience in data science libraries like pandas, polars, numpy, etc.
Proficient with machine learning libraries like sklearn, pytorch, xgboost, etc.
- Realized ML products and brought them into production
- Motivation to work together in a team of brilliant minds
- Fluent in English, German speaking is a plus
- Bonus: domain expertise in supply chain-related topics
- Bonus: experience in operations research (OR)
These little perks will be waiting for you if you become part of the paretos-family:
- We are a remote-first company – nevertheless, you’re still very welcome to work at our beautiful office and enjoy the great view over Heidelberg
- Boost your continuous learning journey with your personal learning budget that you can spend on courses of your choice! There also will be “Journal Clubs” held where we discuss recent developments in the world of AI!
- Talking about the team: you’ll complement a highly skilled & motivated team of paretoneers ready to hit the road and have fun along the way
- We regularly enjoy professional and fun events online and IRL with the whole team on and off-site.
- You’ll get the office equipment you need to show off your full potential. We believe that your capabilities shouldn’t be limited by hardware components
- Work whenever it fits best for you with flexible working hours
- Receive a mobility budget to access various kinds of transportation whilst setting off your carbon emissions
- If you are part of the paretos dog club, feel free to bring your furry friend to the office
- At the office, you can test your barista skills and brew some great coffee to keep you going throughout the workday or enjoy some coffee talks with your fellow paretoneers. (You might even be awarded the next “paretos office barista of the year” at our Christmas party!)
This is it from our side for now. What about you? Are you ambitious to disrupt the AI and Optimization world with us? Then send us your application!
Note: We encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don’t match all the requirements 100%. As long as you inherit the eagerness to learn, we are happy to be convinced that you are the right fit for us.