Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
For over forty years, HarbourVest has been home to a committed team of professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to deliver impactful solutions to our clients and investing partners. As our global firm grows, we continue to add individuals who seek a collaborative, open-door culture that values diversity and innovative thinking.
In our collegial environment that’s marked by low turnover and high energy, you’ll be inspired to grow and thrive. Here, you will be encouraged to build on your strengths and acquire new skills and experiences.
We are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion that promotes mutual respect among all employees. Understanding and valuing these differences optimizes the potential of both the individual and the firm.
HarbourVest is an equal opportunity employer.
This position will be a hybrid work arrangement, which translates to 2-3 days minimum per week in the office.
The data engineer will work toward the transformation of our firm’s core data infrastructure, using the Microsoft data stack on prem and in Azure. Hired staff will design and build data validations, transformations, normalizations, reports and extracts, and integration processes that strengthen internal business analytics as well as external client reporting functions. The staff will partner with business users, analysts, senior architect and development lead, product owner, and infrastructure engineers to form complete end-to end-solutions. They enjoy working in an evolving fast-paced environment, and bring a work style marked by high energy, flexibility, quick learning, and collaboration.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- Mix of education and experience with SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, and Azure Data Services (Data Factory, Databricks), MicroStrategy, and PowerBI
- In-depth SQL
- Data modeling and design understanding, including conceptual, logical, and physical modeling
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD practices and tools
- High energy and team-oriented style; flexibility and motivation to take on a broad range of engineering and support assignments
- Track record and skills demonstrated on high-intensity, high-complexity projects
- Confidence interacting with business users
- Ability to use analytical skills to translate business ideas into technology solutions
- Experience in Agile delivery framework
- Clear communicator of technical details both verbally and in writing
What you will do:
- Design and build of data validations, transformations, normalizations, reports and extracts, and integration processes
- Design and implementation of schemas and access views
- Issue resolution
- Version control, release planning, and deployment preparation
- Contribution to logical and physical data models
- Creation and updates to project artifacts and tools such as task boards, problem lists, user stories, and technical documentation
- Examine & evaluate technical tools
- Prototype solutions
- Attend trainings to sharpen technical and business skills
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience