Own is the leading data platform trusted by thousands of organizations to protect and activate SaaS data to transform their businesses. Own empowers customers to ensure the availability, security and compliance of mission-critical data, while unlocking new ways to gain deeper insights faster. By partnering with some of the world’s largest SaaS ecosystems such as Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics 365, Own enables customers around the world to truly own the data that powers their business.
It’s their platform. It’s your data. Own it.The Job
Own Company is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Data Engineer Intern
to contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of data pipelines. As an intern, you'll have the opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals, learn about data analysis, and support the creation of datasets that measure, interpret, and scale the business.Program Dates:
June 3rd - August 16th 2024Your Day-to-Day Role
Your Work Experience
- Assist in designing, developing, and maintaining data pipelines.
- Learn to navigate permissions and compliance requirements to onboard new datasets.
- Support the building of infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data.
- Contribute to the development of ETL processes for critical business operations.
- Learn to build and integrate tools for monitoring and ensuring data quality and reliability.
- Collaborate with the team to identify, design, and implement internal processes for greater scalability.
- Gain exposure to the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products/services.
- Currently pursuing a degree in a technical field (computer science or analytics related fields preferred).
- Interest in working with structured and unstructured data.
- Familiarity with data engineering concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of data processing tools such as Snowflake, Databricks, or similar technologies.
- Basic understanding of database systems and SQL.
- Familiarity with AWS technologies.
- Eagerness to learn and apply software engineering best practices.
- Familiarity with deployment automation, containerization, scripting languages, and ETL tools.
- Strong analytical mindset, business acumen, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment.
- Opportunity to gain practical experience in the field of data engineering and contribute to real-world projects within a collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Exposure to the latest tools and technologies in the data engineering world, providing a unique learning experience and staying ahead in the rapidly evolving landscape.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals.
- Networking opportunities within the organization.
The Own Company Emerging Talent Program is a paid, 10-week learning experience in which interns collaborate closely on company projects and initiatives in their respective professional areas of interest. Interns also work in teams throughout the summer on a specific project, which is presented to our senior leadership team at the end of the summer.
This role will require you to work from our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the marketing team.
Travel to events may be required.
Own is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive, which is why we also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. Own Company is an equal opportunity employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team and one culture that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Learn more at owndata.com.