Senior Data Scientist
Who we are
At ELEVATE, we offer a unique and impactful career journey designed to empower our teams to influence change. Join our team for a truly international experience. With 24+ offices globally (and still growing), you will have exposure to real issues that span the globe. Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will become immersed in ELEVATE intelligence, or EiQ. EiQ is a unique and comprehensive suite of supply chain analytics designed to engage investors, brands, suppliers, factories, and workers. It harnesses one of the best audit datasets in the industry and couples it with risk analytics by country, region and sector leveraging bottom-up worker insight. Our associates reach across 100 countries and can thus support immediate decisions and enable program effectiveness improvements to increase impact and allow for lasting transformation.
Job overview at a glance
We are looking for a senior and experienced data scientist with a deep interest in sustainability and supply chains. This position will play a pivotal role in applying big data and machine learning algorithms to provide innovative and transformative solutions to ESG related challenges. This is exceptional opportunity for a creative and entrepreneurial individual, who is passionate about data, analytics, creative products, sustainability and is looking for a role that will have positive impact.
Who you are
Are you thrilled by the idea of working in a business that aims tackle the world’s biggest challenges? Do you want to work:
- on environmental, social and governance issues
- with an amazing team of like-minded creative thinkers
- in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- for some of the biggest and most forward-looking brands in the world
- Analyze structured and unstructured data and visualize findings to support the discovery of unique/actionable ESG insights
- Data visualization using different reporting software i.e. Tableau, Power BI
- Research and test machine-learning and theoretical data models related to major risk areas in key industries, supply chains, markets and geographies
- Develop machine learning / AI pipeline that is applicable to supply chain ESG sector
- Contribute to the ideation, design and evolution of existing and new analytical ESG products or services leveraging access to internal or external data
- Lead project delivery and account management, and demonstrate leadership skills
- Contribute to company data-driven culture by supporting business strategies with data and communicating results to business units
- Work closely with other team leaders across consulting and assessment businesses to achieve end-to-end data driven solutions
- Deliver outputs and presentations to clients
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Business and Economics, Statistics or Engineering
- 5+ years of work experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong skills in Python
- Excellent understanding and experience of statistical models and machine learning algorithms such as Forecasting, Classification, Clustering, and Optimization algorithms.
- Strong understanding of statistic al concepts e.g. sampling, power calculation, causality
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI are preferred
- Strong knowledge of GCP or AWS platforms
- Critical thinker, proactive and positive attitude, team player and solutions driven.
- Excellent written, verbal, and cross communication skills (English)
- Exceptional attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Ability to monitor, analyze, and manage data to meet client expectations and goals
- Interest in sustainability and working on impactful data-driven solutions
- Previous experience in supply chain / sustainability / social compliance preferred
- Ability to work in a time critical environment and to meet deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/