About Convene Inc.
Convene, Inc. is a Tampa based, award-winning technology services organization with offices and resources throughout the US, Mexico, and India. We have successful, referenceable customers, competitive benefits, and high-growth opportunities.Business Data Analyst Contractor
The Business Data Analyst (BDA) plays a key role in uncovering insights that lead to better informed and successful decision-making. Reporting to Senior Director of BI, this role requires someone who has the knowledge and skills to turn raw data into information and insights. This individual is also responsible for understanding business context, identifying critical data, separating the noise and then creating comprehensive scorecards (operational and management) of KPIs and KRIs to monitor and the health of our business and highlight areas needing attention.
Business Intelligence sits at the intersection of business and technology, and this role is grounded in both. The work will serve the big picture needs of the business, and the analyst must become fluent in the company operations and quantitative management systems while effectively serving as an internal consultant who can demonstrate insights that measure enterprise business impact and results.
This is an ideal role for a deeply analytical individual who is a self-starter, a quick learner, and who enjoys structuring and solving ambiguous problems by asking the right questions of stakeholders, understanding the needed data and associated gaps and creating technical solutions.Key Responsibilities
- Partner with cross-functional enterprise business leaders and analysts to understand their systems, data, strategy, and data integrity so that they can be transformed into easy-to-use KPI scorecards and insights.
- Devise, develop, and deploy required data queries to ascertain system data options for creating KPIs (including data quality, real-time capabilities).
- Understand business context and be able to distinguish between critical data and noise.
- Collaborate with BI to load data into the data warehouse. In conjunction with data owners and department managers, develop data models and protocols for mining the enterprise data warehouse.
- Collaborate with business leaders to design KPIs and KRIs based on milestones in the business process and develop scorecards to monitor the health of the business and highlight areas needing attention.
- Monitor and maintain KPI and KRI scorecards in alignment with the business lead, including ideas for enhancements and bug identification and resolution
- Collaborate to create cross-functional data entry processes and identify/communicate any issues in cyclical workflows to capture data using the defined processes that ensure data quality
- Support business leaders as a go-to source for defining and answering key strategic and product centric questions using data and working with Business Analysts across the organization
- Learn how to standup and operate insight and dashboard capabilities across multiple systems, including D2L Brightspace and Optimizely
- Work in A/B Experimentation Tool (Optimizely) and D2L Brightspace and integrate data back into tableau reports/dashboards.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis to functional data and find trends and anomalies, understand relationships, develop actionable recommendations for process improvements and achieving business outcomes.
- Create presentation/visualization of data to see beyond the numbers while transforming raw data into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Provide analyses and insights to the internal team on a regular basis on trends, performance of the data sets, quality, and discrepancies and provide input into mitigation.
- Perform ad hoc analyses on business initiatives or trends to identify improvements or provide thought leadership.
- Help identify better practices, tools, and relevant trends that can improve data quality across the business.
- 5+ years of SQL experience and delivering data driven insights complex data processes.
- Deep experience in data visualization and reporting using open-source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau, PowerBI or similar)
- Deep experience in and mastery of Tableau UI to create visually appealing and simple scorecards
- Strong understanding of data models, structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Thorough knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong experience working with stakeholders and translating business requirements to technical requirements
- Ability to understand process- translate it to data and create/evaluate associated KPIs
- A passion for building remarkable things with data.
- An eagerness to learn and solve problems (and the smarts to do it!)
- Positive & creative problem solving in the face of data challenges.
- Ability to understand the business purpose or problem behind a request.
- Ability to ask for help and help others (but also teach oneself when needed)
- Strong teamwork, solution-centric and customer-service-oriented attitude
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication with both business and technology.
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to the mission of the company.
- Experience with Salesforce and related systems; Workday, Degreed, and ADP
- Experience with agile project management and business tools such as Jira, ITSM and Visio
- Experience with Snowflake, Python
- Experience with machine learning especially in data products.