The Institut Curie Research Center
Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a Hospital Group and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
BioPhenics, an established academic cell-based screening platform within the Translational Research Department at the Institut Curie
Research Center, Paris, France, collaborates with local Bioinformatics teams and the Computational Bioimaging and Bioinformatics team from the Institut of Biology (IBENS), Ecole Normale Supérieure
. Together, they advance cancer-based biological exploration and drug discovery through comprehensive image analysis solutions and robust data analysis pipelines.Missions
Together with biologists from the BioPhenics Laboratory, you will contribute as an engineer to scientific programs involving multiparametric drug screening and drug combination. Your role includes the development of data analysis pipelines and the maintenance of a custom Python web-based data analysis tools. Your duties also include to provide guidance and training in data analysis to the other team members.
Description of the activities
- Develop and implement data and statistics
- Design data analysis pipelines/workflows, implementing automated protocols.
- Collaborate with imaging specialists and biologists for smart (deep learning-assisted) image analysis.
- Train biologists, write documentation and tutorials, and maintain relevant software repositories.
- Facilitate knowledge and technology transfer.
Training And Experience Required
- Engineer/master’s degree in computer science, data science or statistical analysis
- Strong proficiency in Python coding, software engineering and web development: a minimum of 3 years of experience in Python software development is required
- Experience in statistical and data analysis: practical experience with statistical methods, biological data processing or transfer learning techniques in image analysis would be considered a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities for effective cross-functional teamwork.
- Excellent English language and team player skills are essential for operating with a high degree of autonomy.
All Our Opportunities Are Open To People With Disabilities
Type of contract
: Short-term contractStarting date:
to be definedDuration
: 3 yearsWorking time
: full timeRemuneration
: according to the current gridsBenefits:
Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insuranceLocation of the position
Please send your CV and a brief description of previous work experience under the reference Bioinfo2024