The Senior Data Analyst – Sports utilizes their skills to ask questions, turn data into knowledge, form conclusions, and make recommendations that enable Scripps Sports to innovate, differentiate itself from its competitors, work smarter, make better decisions, and enhance profitability. This individual takes ownership of data insight and storytelling across the Scripps Sports division, the company, and partners, advertisers, and Scripps Sports’ team and league partners, potential partners, and advertisers.Scripps offers a remote work option for this position
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Support and collaborate with Scripps Sports on all needed analyses both nationally and locally.
- Provide ongoing tracking, monitoring, and ad-hoc analysis and insights to key stakeholders, internal business functions supporting and impacted by Scripps Sports, and Scripps’ broadcast partners in the NBA, NHL, WNBA, NWSL, and NCAA.
- Analyze and provide data insights for existing sports rights agreements, including the Vegas Golden Knights (NHL), Arizona Coyotes (NHL) and the Big Sky Conference football and basketball (NCAA), NWSL, and WNBA.
- Support advertising sales pitches with analysis and data driven collateral that is compelling to the client. Guide decisions using historical results and future projections as a trusted advisor to business leaders and users, using data and analytics as a basis for better, more informed decision making.
- Support Scripps Sports partnership pitches and expansion efforts with proposals and related materials.
- Identify and track upcoming opportunities in the marketplace from emerging sports, women’s, college and professional and asset and rights related positions.
- Work closely with Scripps Sports team and Scripps internal teams to help value the audience opportunities that drive the P&L with current and future deals.
- Build ratings and audience estimates for each sports rights deal that supports our local and network sales teams.
- Support Scripps marketing in the development of industry and/or new business pitches to support sports division.
- Mine large amounts of data and performs analysis using software and other tools to extract useful business insights for a wide range of topics including product development and performance, market dynamics, competitor, consumer, and audience knowledge, marketing, and revenue.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights.
- Support the sports group’s analysis and reporting needs through visualizations and dashboards.
- Validate and evaluate external data sources.
- Create models, simulations, and optimization routines.
- Develop data flows and acquisition strategies to facilitate the capture and sharing of data and analytics within the organization.
- Support the development of analytics products and services by providing input into product roadmaps.
- Translate information into actionable deliverables or features.
- Leverage data to create campaign and audience estimates.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected.
- Determine and develop approach to solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 year’s experience in data analytics, quantitative and qualitative market research, or related field; experience working with media data preferred
- Experience using quantitative and analytics tools and dashboards
- Experience working in a fast paced environment in the sports industry preferred
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
- Experience with SQL and data manipulation techniques in a cloud environment
- Strong analytical and data fluency skills
- Driven self-starter with an appetite for new challenges
- Creative problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation; must be passionate about the role analytics plays in improving business performance
- Proven leadership ability and evidence of positively influencing cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills demonstrating an ability to tell a story
- Able to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Strong project management experience
- Outstanding communication, including both listening and persuasion
- Ability to work with diverse teams (Sales, Research, Governance, Engineering) to convert product ideas into requirements for analysis
- Understanding of market research or analytics, and its application to broadcast and/or digital media (preferred)
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit: sense of urgency, responsive, confident, thorough, not afraid to make decisions
- Strong work ethic
- Must be resourceful, creative, and innovative
- Create and contribute to a quality work environment
- Results oriented team player that leads by example, holding him or herself accountable for performance, takes ownership, champions efforts with enthusiasm and conviction
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.ABOUT SCRIPPS:
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of more than 60 stations in 40+ markets. Scripps reaches households across the U.S. with national news outlets Scripps News and Court TV and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery and Laff. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps’ long-time motto is: “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.