Requisition ID: 187572
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Canadian Banking Technology (CBT) supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.
Scotiabank’s Data Engineering, under CBT, is responsible for delivering data integration solutions for a variety of business lines. Our current applications are in support of regulatory, compliance, as well as Big Data Analytics, Cloud technologies, and Risk Reporting requirements. Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms.Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Contributes to the overall success of the Data Engineering and Data Services in Canada
- Ensures specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
- Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Participate in data engineering and transformation design to ensure highly scalable, extensible, and performant solutions.
- Hands-on development supporting Data integration, Analytics and Cloud environments.
- Contribute to data ingestion, transformation and extraction solutions in Enterprise big data platform (EDL)
- Contribute to data and project design and delivery for some of highly visible and critical projects across bank like TSYS Modernization
- Contribute to translating architecture or design into both logical and physical data models that comply with existing (and evolving) standards and practices.
- Work with the Data Architecture and QA teams
- Understand the risk culture and how it should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with organization values and Code of Conduct, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, and AML/ATF/sanctions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- At least 5 years of industry experience in software development using agile methods (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of database and data management concepts and technologies
- At least 3 years of experience in working with Big Data including Apache Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Spark
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with Talend or similar ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Java and/or Python
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux Command Line Interface (CLI) and shell scripting
- Working experience with GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, DevOps, Jenkins pipelines, and code promotion
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Level-3 production support experience is an asset and sometimes required
Working location condition:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: for every future, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.