About Advance Auto Parts
Founded in Roanoke, VA in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is a leading automotive aftermarket retail parts provider that serves both professional installer and do-it-yourself Customers. As of July 13, 2019, Advance operated 4,912 stores and 150 Worldpac branches in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The Company also serves 1,250 independently owned CARQUEST branded stores across these locations in addition to Mexico, the Bahamas, Turks, and Caicos and the British Virgin Islands. The company has a workforce of over 70,000 knowledgeable and experienced Team Members who are proud to provide outstanding service to their Customers, Communities, and each other every day.About AAP Global Capability Centre
We are continually innovating and seeking to elevate the Customer experience at each of our stores. For an organization of our size and reach, today, it has become more critical than ever, to identify synergies and build shared capabilities. The AAP Global Capability Center, located in Hyderabad, is a step in this strategic direction that enables us to access a larger talent pool, unlock operational efficiencies and increase levels of collaboration.About Information Technology
At Advance Auto Parts, the IT organization is embracing the digitization of retail and working to transform our organization as a leader in the modern age of retail. We are leading the way with DevOps, thinking cloud-first, and adopting modern approaches to infrastructure management. We realize Agile is more than a manifesto, and that applications need to be portable, event and service-oriented, and support a data analytics and data-first culture of the modern business. We are taking action to transform a 75-year-old company to be an industry leader in building a best-in-class omnichannel experience for its customers.Database Engineer, Level 9
As a seasoned Database Engineer at Level 9, your role is integral in utilizing a sophisticated blend of data analytics skills, domain knowledge, and technical prowess to translate data into actionable business insights. You are the driving force behind data-driven decision-making, leading project deliverables with an in-depth understanding of technical design and frameworks. In this capacity, you possess the technical skills required to build functionality, troubleshoot issues, and act as the primary point of contact for interactions with business stakeholders, external partners, and internal collaborators.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, and other IT teams to comprehensively understand complex business needs and requirements.
- Evolve into a recognized subject matter expert in the designated field, demonstrating an exemplary level of knowledge and proficiency.
- Define and verify requirements, ensuring data integrity for analysis, conducting thorough data analysis for errors and inconsistencies, and overseeing successful releases.
- Play a key role in the data ingestion process, sourcing data from various on-premises and external platforms, transforming and analysing data, and providing crucial support for strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Design strategies to enrich data, integrating datasets from diverse sources (MS SQL, DB2, external Vendor files, Kafka topics, API calls, etc.) with varying formats (xlsx, csv, .json, etc.).
- Spearhead efforts to enable data in different target systems and orchestrate the seamless movement of data to other platforms, ensuring its availability for decision-making objectives (AWS S3, Snowflake, etc.).
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets, adeptly handling both structured and unstructured data.
- Demonstrate agility in shifting between priorities throughout the workday, exhibiting adaptability in dynamic work environments.
- Create and maintain meticulous technical system specifications, ensuring documentation remains current and comprehensive throughout all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proactively identify opportunities, enhancements, and process improvements, communicating timely status updates, including any potential risks or issues, to management.
- Continuously learn and assimilate new software tools and skills, staying abreast of cutting-edge technologies, and providing mentorship to other development staff on advanced technical topics.
- Support and maintain applications with a focus on scalability and operational efficiency in the production environment.
- Investigate and resolve issues across multiple key systems and databases, providing essential assistance to customers and team members in issue resolution and complex problem-solving.
- Actively participate in an on-call rotation to provide system support outside of standard working hours.
- Thrive in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment, emphasizing the critical nature of collaboration.
- Be prepared for extended work hours during peak workloads or special projects, showcasing self-motivation and a proactive approach.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Qualifications
To excel in this role, candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The listed requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Technical Skills
- Possess 7+ years of experience managing large datasets and conducting in-depth analysis for actionable insights.
- Proven expertise in analyzing transactional business data, deriving answers to core research questions, and presenting findings using advanced analytics tools and systems.
- Demonstrated mastery in Agile/Scrum environments.
- Extensive experience in large-scale applications, including public-facing web applications or those with a high number of concurrent users.
- Proficiency in developing solutions in AWS and Azure Cloud Platform.
- Comfortable implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery processes for applications using technologies such as Jenkins and Git or Opensource.
- Expertise in relational databases, including MS SQL Server, Dynamic SQL, Linked Servers, Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs), and Data Modelling/Data Warehouse fundamentals.
- Experience creating and consuming REST API services with JSON.
- Expertise in defining tables, creating complex queries, stored procedures using MS SQL Server. Data model design specifically for Power BI, understanding Facts vs Dimensions.
- Familiarity with VS-Code setup and the PBI repository, including permissions on SQL Server for PBI/ETL work.
- Advanced understanding of database tuning, optimization, and performance monitoring.
Problem Solving And Analytic Skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills, showcasing the ability to understand true requirements, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead development efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with or lead cross-functional teams with minimal supervision.
- Skillful in driving consensus within a team and influencing outcomes in significant technical decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to collaborate with diverse business groups and IT partners at all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate critical thinking with meticulous attention to detail, fostering a strong technical vision and an open-minded approach.
- Cultivate an inquisitive mindset, proactively contributing ideas without hesitation.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Efficiently plan and organize, establishing clear priorities to adapt to changes seamlessly.
- Showcase a talent for multitasking with precision in a fast-paced environment, ensuring optimal efficiency.
California Residents Click Below For Privacy Notice
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/training.
- 9+ years of experience in MS SQL deployment in SSRS or SSIS Environment.
- 7+ years' experience working with medium to large-scale Database management/deployment.
- Proficiency in presentation tools (PowerBI or PowerPoint).
- Knowledgeable in Big data concepts, AWS tools, Snowflake, Teradata, etc.
- Experience in Azure/AWS, Micro Services, REST.
- Experience defining tables and creating SQL queries, stored procedures using MS (preferred) or another database platform.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and prioritize multiple streams of activity, adapting well to changes.
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Demonstrated knowledge in building, debugging, and maintaining mission-critical enterprise applications.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with a dispersed team.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Agile software development disciplines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.