We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up daily, roll up our sleeves, and build a better world together. At Ford, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress and we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As a key member of our Enterprise Technology Group, you’ll play a critical part in crafting the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to bring to bear advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience, and improve people’s lives, this is your opportunity. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help build vehicles that are as inquisitive as you are.
As a Global Contact Center Data Engineer, in the Assist Customer space, you should have a strong technical background and experience with Azure Data Platform tools and Data Governance practices. Should be also familiar with the platform's features, capabilities, and customization options. They will also enjoy solving complex problems, have strong interpersonal skills, and a desire for continuous improvement.Responsibilities
There is an opportunity to be a Data Engineer who will be a member of Ford’s Global Contact Center Data team who supports the agent experience using Dynamics 365 Customer Service Enterprise, by supporting the advancement of Data Governance, Data Model including Canonical Data Models utilizing Power Designer, Data Migration & Data Synchronization, Data Quality. You will lead the technical support for the system agents use daily to assist Ford Motor Companies' customers.What you’ll be able to do:
- Help the advancement of Data and Application Architecture.
- Help the advancement of Data Migration and Data Synchronization Efforts.
- Develop strategy and requirements for systems that will implement Architecture processes, standards, methodologies, and artifacts.
- Ensure internal and external partner requirements are taken into consideration when making architecture recommendations.
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for the team, providing technical expertise and guidance to team members as needed.
- Collaborate with other PDO teams and stakeholders to ensure that the product meets technical and business objectives.
- Communicate effectively technical ideas, and technical feedback, and collaborate with technical stakeholders.
- Participate and support in conducting technical design and code reviews. Create, implement, and maintain technical documentation.
- Diagnose and triage technical errors, data issues, and performance challenges.
- Proactively provide feedback throughout the Agile journey, seeking for continuous process improvement.
- Assist with designing and implementation of pipelines for Data Management.
- Perform software and product updates recommended by Ford Motor Company and/or other vendors
- Lead implementation of security recommendations and best practices.
- Participate in Special Attention Request (SAR) and discuss new/change of system design and security recommendations.
The minimum requirements we seek:
Our preferred qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years of ETL (SSIS, Informatica, or an equivalent tool) experience.
- Experience in optimizing data flow into data warehousing systems.
What you’ll receive in return:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Azure Data Analytics having a thorough understanding of Azure Data Platform tools.
- 3+ years of experience as an architect on multiple large-scale product or enterprise initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience in at least 4 tools on Azure Platform among Data Factory, Data Bricks, Synapse, Data Lake Gen2, Stream Analytics, Azure Spark, Azure ML.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Azure Ecosystem.
- Experience in data migration and synchronization across multiple production instances.
- Experience with Data Masking tools.
- Experience with Ford IT architecture processes and architecture work.
- Architecture knowledge with experience in providing technical solutions for projects.
- Ability to derive, define, and explicitly represent various artifacts and results.
- Excellent problem-solving skills including leading problem-solving teams.
- Self-starter: ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Provide support for application performance issues.
- Experience with vendor solution evaluation processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a Product Driven Agile Organization.
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage, generous PTO, retirement, and savings plans, incentive compensation, tuition assistance, a vehicle discount program, and much moreFor information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
Candidates with Ford Motor Company positions must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.