We are NRB, an ICT company with over 30 years of a successful track record working with European Institutions and Agencies, offering IT consulting, solutions and services. Our Mission is to help our clients keep up with the challenges of digital transformation by providing the right talent at the right time for the right job. To this end, we are constantly looking for talented professionals who are interested in working on challenging international projects and able to deliver high-quality results within multicultural environments. Our services include (but are not limited to) modernization solutions, digital work spaces, cloud technologies and IT security. Our Headquarters are in Brussels, and we have active accounts and offices across Europe (i.e. Luxembourg, Amsterdam, Athens, Stockholm, Geneva, Milan).
We are currently looking for a Sr. Data Scientist with experience in Python development for data analysis, Big data processing and GIS tools.
- Implementation of a suite of drought and heatwaves indices for monitoring and forecasting;
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of tools and approaches for drought monitoring and forecasting;
- Coordination and review of ad-hoc technical documentation;
- Development and implementation of approaches and tools to optimally use satellite data for drought and heatwaves monitoring;
- Support to data processing;
- Interaction with the business analysts, customer, users, project leaders and the developers.
Hybrid working is permitted, with office presence required for 2 days per week in Ispra (Varese).
- Very good knowledge of data analysis tools and environment;
- At least 5 years of specific expertise in GIS tools, spatial/relational database management systems;
- At least 3 years of specific expertise in python code development for data analysis;
- At least 3 years of specific expertise in statistical software;
- Ability to give business and technical presentations;
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in data analysis;
- Very good communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences;
- Capability to write clear and structured technical documents;
- Ability to participate in technical meetings and good communication skills.
What do we offer you?
In order not to be just another outsourcing provider, we guarantee a personal follow up during your employment at the Institutions. Every consultant (freelance and employee) has a dedicated Trasys career coach in order to facilitate the communication and career follow-up. We regularly organize social events like lunches and after work drinks, to create an occasion for you to meet with other Trasys International colleagues and management in a relaxed setting. Moreover, we are able to offer a secure employment thanks to our stable contracts with the Institutions since the last 30 years. As we have clients and offices all throughout Europe, your career path with us can take many new directions, content and location wise.