Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. Here’s a secret: there's no such thing as a perfect candidate. Poshmark is looking for exceptional people who want to make a positive impact through their work and help create an organization where everyone can thrive. So whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this role would make you excited to come to work every day.
Senior Data Analyst for the Seller team will work on providing Analytical insights to Poshmark teams to help them drive seller performance. Given sellers are key to Poshmark’s growth, it's an exciting opportunity for analysts to have high impact with data driven insights. This role also requires analysts to understand marketplace dynamics and work with multiple cross functional teams to ensure seller success.Responsibilities
This person will be focused on providing analytics support and data insights to various teams.
- Provide data driven insights that lead to actionable business recommendations for key stakeholders in a simple, clear, and compelling manner. Understand and meet their analytics needs on a continual basis
- Monitor existing metrics, analyze data, and partner with internal team members to identify opportunities for improvement
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends, patterns, correlations, and insights
- Develop new or improve existing key metrics and performance indicators to evaluate business performance, and work with the Data Engineering team to implement the data collection needed
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity, and deliver quick results, while demonstrating a team-player attitude
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams; learn and apply best practices from other teams and always strive for high quality deliverables
- Maintain required documentation to ensure inventory of all key findings from trends and growth opportunities
- Perform extensive QA to ensure the quality and integrity of data. Follow the standard process for reporting any issues identified and work with the appropriate Data teams to close any data issues
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Familiarity with the Poshmark platform, key business stakeholders, and relevant KPIs
- Gain expertise of Poshmark's internal data systems and platforms
- Contribute to projects by working on analyses and investigations with assistance from
- Ensure that they build in time/process to QA data and insights
- Provides input and recommendations to achieve project goals
- Able to take on projects more independently with support from manager wherever required
- Develop insight and knowledge of long term trends and factors influencing the business
- Demonstrate ability to lead conversations with and present data-driven analysis to business stakeholders and partners
- Mentor Teammates and Data Analysts in the team and become subject matter expert of their domain
- 2-5 years of analytics experience
- Expert knowledge of SQL and MS Excel. Exposure and familiarity with Python, R, Spark SQL preferred
- Understanding of data modeling concept and partnering on building new DW tables
- Good to have: Hands-on data visualization experience through Looker or comparable platform
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts with emphasis on statistical hypothesis testing (t-tests, z-tests, etc.). Experience with A/B and multivariate testing is preferred
- Detail oriented and expert in both qualitative and quantitative analysis with a passion for delivering actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Strong business acumen with aptitude to apply it critically towards solving problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.Why Poshmark?
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.