A role with Business team means being a part of the team that enables faster, smarter and more scalable decision-making to compete and win the modern retail market. Here, you’ll leverage data, statistics and visualization to create the actionable insights that deliver value across all Target functions. Our savvy reporting and analytics pros use market-leading tools and data automation to make a positive impact that’s felt across the business. If you’re an analyst who can work on autonomous teams, integrate the latest practices with your approach, write code to handle massive scale, simplify complex decisions by providing flexible, fast and sustainable decision-making solutions, then you’ll be successful here.As a Sr. Data Analyst you will support all business areas of Target with critical data analysis that helps team members make profitable decisions. Become a data expert or business analyst and utilize tools like decision trees, clustering, regression, time series, structural equation modeling, linear programming, SAS, SQL, VBA and OLAP. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Interface with the Target business representatives and leaders to validate business requirements/requests for reporting solutions. Determine best methods in order to gather data and present information. Build reporting solutions to meet business needs. Communicate with project/team manager to share knowledge and findings. Document design and requirements for reporting solutions. Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business need.About You
- 5-8 years of overall Industry experience with 4-6years in data eco system
- Proven hands-on experience with Domo, Tableau & other Visualization tools (incl homegrown platforms) and a deep understanding of core DW/BI concepts
- Strong SQL or PL/SQL programming & Unix shell scripting skills
- Hands on experience in object oriented or functional programming such as Scala &/or Python or Java
- Should have solid experience in Hadoop ecosystem and its components around writing programs using Map-Reduce, should have experience in developing Hive and Pig Scripts, should have experience in designing and developing Oozie workflows
- Git source code management
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Exposure to R, Python, Hive or other open source languages
- Understanding of foundational mathematics and statistics
- Conceptual understanding of analytical techniques like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Time-series models, Classification Techniques, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain complex analytical methodologies to clients regardless of the clients technical expertise
- Any experience with Retail, Merchandising, Marketing will be strong addons
- B.Tech / B.E. or Masters in Statistics /Econometrics/Mathematics equivalent.