The Data Analyst develops data solutions to support business goals. Helps develop clear and well-structured analytical plans and analyzes data sets. Undertakes the conversion of data into readily understood insights that will lead to informed business decisions. Develops and maintains a proficiency in all available databases to effectively serve as an organizational subject matter expert on data sourcing. Ensures data integrity and compliance with data security standards.Minimum Education
Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, computer science or a related field. Relevant experience beyond the minimum required work experience may substitute the educational requirement on a 1-to-1 ratio.” (i.e., one year of relevant work experience equals one year of required education). (Required)Minimum Work Experience
3 years Three years related experience required, five years preferred (Required)Required Skills/Knowledge
Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Team player with a positive attitude and a focus on business issues.
Familiarity with standard statistical packages (e.g. SAS, R, etc.)
Ability to write SQL code using multiple tools such as SQL Server Management Studio or GUI programs that assist with developing queries and reports preferred.Functional Accountabilities
Prioritize Business Goals
Gather and Interpret Data (Reporting)
- Demonstrates a curiosity and drive for identifying the most efficient and accurate reporting solutions.
- Works closely with management to prioritize business needs and stay up to date with the goals of the organization as they evolve.
- Establishes KPIs to identify predictive trends that assist with business decisions and validate the effectiveness of solutions over time.
Manage and Maintain Databases
- Gathers and extracts data from all pertinent databases using a variety of common commercially available tools including MS Excel, MS SQL and Tableau to assist clients in identifying potential solutions to business needs.
- Collaborates with a team of analysts and other associates to collect and process information.
- Designs, generates and validates results of analsyses of complex data sets, and facilitates reporting to improve operational outcomes.
- Creates visually clear, concise and understandable statistically relevant graphs, charts and measures for presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Attends meetings where reporting and analytics expertise is needed and represents the department in both internal and external settings.
Data Audit and Compliance
- Maintains designated existing reporting databases.
- May assist Senior Data Analyst in managing and maintaining other databases.
Training and Technical Support
- Documents the methodologies used to develop reporting outputs, including demonstrating the flow of data to stakeholders for review purposes.
- Develops and maintains quality control standards and data reconciliation techniques for internal and external reporting.
- Assists with data validation for applicable databases.
- Performs routine data audits to ensure compliance with deliverable reporting requirements.
- Creates and maintains documentation relating to data management including training guides, report specifications, and data dictionaries.
- Assists in maintaining the flow of accurate data sets to various tools that allow stakeholder access to information in a self-service manner and trains senior leaders and management on the effective use of such tools.
- May control and grant access to database and/or standard reports.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
- Use resources efficiently
- Search for less costly ways of doing things
- Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
- Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
- Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
- Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
- Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
- Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
District of Columbia-WASHINGTONWork Locations
Goldberg - Shaw MetroJob
Goldberg Cntr Cmnty Ped HlthPosition Status
Jan 25, 2024, 8:01:31 PM