At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
It’s official: Bazaarvoice is a Great Place to Work in the US , Australia , India , Lithuania, France, Germany and the UK !What is the BV Data team at Bazaarvoice?
Authentic data is the lifeblood of Bazaarvoice products. It is imperative that our data is consumable, interpretable, and instantly available to fuel insights across our brand, retailer and consumer customers. The BV Data team works closely with Product, Engineering, Business Development, and Account teams to consistently find new ways to use data across the business.Data Analyst
We’re looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive, and analytical mind to surface powerful insights from the data-rich Bazaarvoice network. As a Data Analyst, you’ll use various techniques to help our clients better understand how their customers engage with consumer-generated content. The Data Analyst should be able to identify and facilitate the measurement of KPIs, determine whether experimental features should be launched, and measure the impact of Bazaarvoice across the network. You should be passionate about surfacing undiscovered patterns in data and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions. You should have a strong background in making sense of large sets of data and delivering actionable insights based on your analyses.Responsibilities
- Analyse, explore, and make sense of the world’s largest shopper data network’s structured and unstructured data sets. Ask and investigate the “Why” behind consumer behaviour.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing teams to build data-driven products that deliver real-time actionable insights to our clients, solve problems, and identify trends.
- Effectively condense large amounts of complex data relationships into simple to understand visualisations for leadership stakeholders.
- Own data normalisation to inform how data sets should be joined. Own feedback loop to data producing teams to ensure that data inputs are sufficient for desired outputs.
- Create relevant benchmarks across consumer generated content & consumer shopping behaviour to empower clients to measure performance and lift.
- Automate data quality validation across internal and external data to ensure reliable data acquisition and data publishing. Automate internal reporting to further support data-driven product decisions and prioritizations.
- Drive analytics best practices & data governance across our products and company.
Why join Bazaarvoice?
- BS in Management Information Systems, Statistics, Math, Operations Research, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline.
- 2+ years proven work experience with complex SQL, including troubleshooting and optimisation.
- 2+ years proven work experience in a technical analytics role working with big data.
- 2+ years of experience using Python, R or similar programming languages.
- 1+ year of experience managing ETL of data from multiple sources - preferably using EMR, PySpark and Airflow.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Mode and Tableau.
- Interest in data engineering, automation, & data governance.
- Ability to understand, analysing and articulate large, multi-dimensional data sets.
- Strong ability to communicate complex findings clearly and concisely to various technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.Stronger Together
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.Please note: Candidates who are successful will be required to undergo a Basic level DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) background check.