QA Data EngineerReporting of the Role
This role reports to the Tech Lead Overview of job
We are looking for a passionate QA Engineer with excellent problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills to join our dynamic data team based in London.
The role would be reporting to the Tech Lead, and focused on DAX - a groundbreaking digital advertising exchange which connects brands with audiences at scale across connected audio and digital out-of-home.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of large-scale data pipelines as well as quality and integrity of outputs. You will be the quality assurance and testing specialist in a fast growing data engineering team. 3 best things about the job
Measures of success –
- Play a central role in designing testing framework for our data architecture at a pivotal time for data strategy in Global!
- Work with a team of data and software specialists, passionate about building scalable data services and pushing towards turning DAX into an efficient ad delivery platform that feeds from real-time data insights!
- Getting training and hands-on experience on the latest tools and technologies such as AWS, Apache Spark, K8s, etc.
In the first few months, you would have:
Responsibilities of the role
- Design, implement and execute automated tests
- Own, lead and innovate in the design and improvement of our testing capabilities
- Partner with software and data engineers to ensure the team deliver high quality products, services and data assets for applications ranging across DAX
What you will need
- Testing key data platforms, services and pipelines used across DAX
- Work closely with other QA engineers to ensure best practices are followed
- Collaborating with data engineering teams to design and implement automated data quality checks and monitoring processes.
- Performing root cause analysis for data quality issues, identifying underlying causes, and proposing effective solutions.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
Everyone is welcome at Global
- Proven experience as a QA Engineer or similar role
- A strong understanding of data quality concepts, methodologies and best practices
- Experienced knowledge of programming language (Java, Python, etc)
- Proficiency in SQL and data querying for data validation and testing purposes
- Proficiency with cloud services (ideally AWS)
- Understanding of Agile delivery techniques, processes, practices and tooling
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that diversity will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to the recruitment process and workplace to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you require us to make any reasonable adjustments for you or to disclose a condition, please email email@example.com