Grow with us - Start your career at IU International University!
Join our team effective immediately in a full-time
position at one of our locations in Germany
or remotely across Germany
as Teamlead Data Scientist (m/f/d)
- Collaborate closely with our business units to create well-fitting Data Science and AI solutions to advance the business further
- Create data products (including feature engineering) as tabular datasets, that help the businesses solve their problems
- Train and evaluate machine learning models for the purposes of the use case at hand
- Support the deployment of our advanced analytics solutions in cooperation with our Data Engineering team and MLOps colleagues
- Observe carefully current trends and developments in Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI, and derive best practices for the progression and advancement of our team
- Coach, mentor and develop small, but growing team of data scientists
- You have sufficient professional experience in advanced analytics, machine learning or AI
- Additionally, you have profound experience in developing ML models in Python and in technical and methodological aspects of running ML models in production
- You’re familiar with current data base technologies (both relational and NoSQL)
- You’re able to communicate effectively with people from various backgrounds and imparting knowledge is one of your strong points
- You hold a master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, physics, data science, or computer science or a comparable educational background
- You have acquired your first leadership experience and desire to evolve it
- You are fluent in English (C1), German is not required but would be a plus
Our Tech Stack
Our data landscape is all-cloud, predominantly in AWS
with contemporary technologies
enabling the effective work of a Data Scientist (m/f/d).
- AWS Sagemaker for model training > deployment
- AWS Redshift for the centralized data storage and platform for source data integrations
- SQL > Python as the main languages used in Sagemaker to create data products
Who are we?
- Shape your career: Rapid growth opens up many new opportunities for you. Tell us about your dream career and we'll help you make it happen.
- Work from wherever you want ...: Project management tools (e.g. Scrum) and video meetings make it possible: with IU, the boundaries between here and there blur. You want to work from abroad for a while? No problem thanks to our WorkFlex benefit.
- ... and flexible time: It's your job: We trust you and give you the greatest possible freedom to organize yourself.
- You have the choice: You are free to choose your equipment, because everyone has its own preferences when it comes to hardware.
- Take your knowledge to a new level: Benefit from a 100% discount on tuition fees for an IU combined degree in the tech sector and many other free training courses. There is always something new to learn.
- Get a good rest: We push ourselves every day to go above and beyond. But we also take the time to recharge our batteries: with 30 days of annual vacation for all employees. Need some more time off? How about a sabbatical?
Germany's largest university – and not just an excellent choice for studying, but also an outstanding Great Place to Work®!
As an edutech company, we rely on state-of-the-art technology and data-driven approaches. That's why AI-driven voice assistants
and other GPT systems
have long become part of our daily work routine, helping us to focus on exciting projects. Here at IU, over 4,000 employees
are dedicated to making a difference. So start now and join the Gamechangers!
Sounds like the perfect job for you? Then apply now! Simple, fast and even without a cover letter.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact Nilofer via email@example.com.
Follow words with actions: We take our Culture Of Everyone very seriously and would like to take this opportunity to expressly point out that you are welcome to join us, regardless of your origin, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation. Even if you have a disability, our doors are wide open to you. We are looking forward to a diverse togetherness here at IU.