Postdoctoral Scientist/Data Analyst
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of Johnson & Johnson work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Calling all big problem solvers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in pharmaceutical and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
We are seeking a motivated and dedicated Postdoctoral Scientist/Data Analyst to join our dynamic team. In this role, you will work with colleagues in the J&J Innovative Medicine R&D Data Science & Digital Health organization and partner with key businesses across JNJ Innovative Medicine (formerly Janssen) and external partners including the OHDSI/EHDEN networks, Public Private Partnerships such as IHI consortiums, to apply advanced data science and analytics to answer key research questions. You will have the opportunity to work with large and diverse healthcare datasets, develop innovative analytical methods, and collaborate with experts in the field.
The Postdoctoral Scientist/Data Analyst should possess significant experience in R and R-Studio, with specific expertise in database management using PostgreSQL. Your responsibilities will include assisting in creating the analytic tool stack and performing related analyses.Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and evaluation of phenotypes (cohort definition algorithms) in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Assist in building and maintenance of in-house and open-source tools, pipelines and resources.
- Design and implement data analysis studies/projects, including: data extraction and preprocessing tasks to prepare datasets for analysis, exploratory data analysis, innovative results/data visualization techniques, statistical and machine learning models.
- Write study synopsis, protocol, report, methods and results sections for study documentation, registration, submission to health authorities and communication.
- Communicate findings and insights through reports, presentations, and publications.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in data science, epidemiology and healthcare informatics.
Experience and Skills:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Data Science, Health/Biomedical informatics, Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of large healthcare datasets/real-world data (EHR, insurance claims, registry data)
- User level skills on Observational Medical Outcomes Partnership (OMOP) common data model and OMOP/OHDSI tools (Darwin, ATLAS, Cohort Diagnostics, Athena, etc.)
- Proficiency in R programming language, R-Sstudio, with specific expertise in database management using PostgreSQL. Strong programming skills in Python is a plus.
- Proficiency in SQL for data manipulation and querying.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Effective communication, writing and presentation skills to communicate complex results to non-technical audiences.
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Designing/conducting observational studies
- Exploratory data analyses, statistical modeling, time-to-event analyses, comparative effectiveness analyses, causal inference methods to mitigate observed and residual confounding (e.g., propensity score matching/weighting, instrumental variables, state transition models)
- Duration: 12 months
- Location: Spain
- Additional Locations: United Kingdom; Belgium; Switzerland, Netherlands, France and Germany. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the company.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.