We are a fast-growing Bay Area-based startup backed by leading investors like Menlo Ventures, Accel and Y-Combinator. We create AI and ML-powered software for the finance and lending industries, focused on repayment and debt recovery. We work to improve conversations between call center agents and customers and provide actionable insights. Our products use AI to create next-generation speech analytics that support real-time agent guidance, automated notes after conversations, and call analysis for quality assurance and compliance.
The team has deep technical talent today and we believe there is an opportunity to build an iconic vertical software business that will fundamentally impact how the multi-trillion-dollar debt industry is managed. Debt has such a massive impact on consumers and prior to Prodigal, the industry was saddled with painful, low value manual workflows, and poor customer experience- our mission is to humanize the debt repayment process through automation and data.
We are looking for a talented Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to play a pivotal role in the design, development and deployment of cutting-edge Machine Learning and Generative AI solutions towards Prodigal's vision of building the Intelligence Layer for Consumer Finance.
- ML Algorithm Development: Design and implement advanced ML algorithms leveraging traditional Machine Learning techniques and the modern NLP stack, including Large Language Models (LLMs)
- Data Engineering & Software Development: Architect and implement data pipelines for ML model training. Lead scalable software systems development to deploy ML models into production systems, ensuring high performance and reliability.
- Research & Innovation: Stay updated on ML research and the ever-changing Gen AI landscape, identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Collaboration: Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Experience (2-3 years) working in Machine Learning and Data Science at a tech company.
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms with hands-on experience in developing and deploying machine learning models at scale.
- Proficiency in Python. Familiarity with machine learning libraries like PyTorch and sci-kit-learn. Experience with data manipulation and analysis using Pandas and Spark.
- Prior experience in deploying machine learning models in production environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to work in person in our Thane office.
- Experience training and using Large Language Models (BERT, LLAMA, GPT etc) with a passion for applying Generative AI solutions in production environments.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS
From day 1, Prodigal has been defined by talented, humble, and hungry leaders and we want this mindset and culture to continue to blossom from top to bottom in the company. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to work in a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating environment where you will be pushed to grow, then please reach out because we are looking to build a transformational company that reinvents one of the biggest industries in the US.
To learn more about us - please visit the following
What shapes our thinking