At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Vancouver
is seeking a Data Scientist
to join our 40-person integrated data science development team. The position will be based from our Richmond, British Columbia
office, and a hybrid work style is offered.
As a Data Scientist in Boeing Digital Aviation Services, you will empower Boeing’s customer-facing software tools, products and services with cutting-edge analytics technologies. You will apply machine learning, statistics, and other analytics techniques to the unique challenges of aviation and aerospace. Whether in software or consulting, you will contribute your data science expertise to cross-functional project teams to help launch and maintain leading-edge aviation software solutions around the world.
In particular, this Data Scientist
role will fall under the Analytics & Integrated Solutions team. Depending on need and fit, this role will support one or more services in the flight operations domain.
Boeing Vancouver houses an eclectic group of passionate data scientists who help customers by making sense of big, complex systems in the world of aviation. We combine deep scientific thinking, mathematical prowess and analytics technology with creativity and detective work to uncover rare insights hidden within data. We harness practical knowledge of engineering, business, and aviation to build both internal and external, customer-facing solutions. Together, we deliver insights that change the world on the ground and in the air.Position Responsibilities:
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Richmond BC. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
- Communicate with customers, product managers and other stakeholders to understand requirements, execute the analytics development efforts and communicate results and deliverables
- Deliver on data science tasks in one or more cross-functional development teams supporting both pathfinding and production software development
- Consult in the selection and independently execute on the application of machine learning and analytical techniques, aligned with technical strategy set by Data Science Project Lead and Principal Data Scientist.
- Conduct evaluation, validation and continuous performance monitoring of supported applications, models and analysis
- Develop production-level analytics tools for internal and external, customer-facing applications including data transformation pipelines, model training pipelines, model inference and monitoring
- Champion a culture of excellence, learning, trust, and collaboration
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years’ experience in Data Science.
- 3+ years’ experience with Python.
- 1+ years’ experience with data querying (e.g. SQL).
- Must be legally able to work in Canada.
- Individual must not pose a risk for safeguarding of controlled goods.
- Must be eligible to handle US export-controlled data.
- Must have experience writing code in a collaborative environment (e.g. using Git).
Domain knowledge of the aviation & aerospace industryExpertise in one or more of the following technologies
- Deep learning tools (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, MLlib)
- MLOps and CI/CD techniques and tools (e.g. GitLab CI, MLflow, TFX)
- Large-scale data analysis technologies (e.g. Spark, Databricks, Delta)
- Cloud technologies (e.g., Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience in production data and modeling pipeline development
- Experience in production analytics services deployment
- Experience presenting to non-technical audiences
- Project management experience (Agile, Kanban) is an asset
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).Relocation:
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Additional Information:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Canada. The employer is Boeing Canada. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Benefits and pay are determined by Canada and are not on Boeing US-based payroll. This is not an expatriate assignment.Summery Pay Range: CAD 79,000 – CAD 140,000
Export Control Requirements:
Not an export control positionEqual Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are proud members of the Valuable 500 and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.