About The Role
Grade Level (for internal use):
07S&P Global Market Intelligence
Translator: Chinese (Mandarin)
The Role: Translator/Data Analyst (Chinese)
The Team: Translations department is part of the Documents Insights and Services domain within the Market Intelligence division at S&P Global. The team is responsible for delivering accurate and timely translated content to internal financial and non-financial data collection teams within the division. It also supports translation requirements for other divisions as well as Corporate, Technology, Legal and News groups within the company.
The Impact: As a translator/linguist, you are responsible for producing quality translation in the target language. You will also be responsible for relevant and market specific research; data collection and analysis of the financial industry and other-related activities in the covered region through key processes established. Additionally, you will also maintain the most up-to-date market knowledge document through collaboration with relevant stakeholders and participate in projects to ensure the data integrity. This is reflected directly on the product that our clients use and support the company’s strategy in making S&P products available in target regions and industries.What’s In It For You
- Have the opportunity to be a part of a large and growing Translations operation with over 400 employees across 6 operating sites, that uses state-of-the-art translation processes and tools to deliver on the needs of internal customers not just within the division but the entire company;
- Be widely exposed to multiple data collection processes with a dependency on translation services within S&P Global;
- Be able to work with diverse and multicultural teams working out of Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Beijing, Manila, Kuala Lumpur and Buenos Aires offices to achieve a common set of goals; and
- Have insight into our clients and/or C-level executives at companies whose data we cover, collect and present.
- Convert (translate/localize) high-level documents in the source language to the target language (Chinese to English and vice-versa) by relaying the style and tone of the original language.
- Collect relevant financial information through primary research and secondary research.
- Primary Research entails establishing and maintaining positive professional relationships with financial professionals in the covered market to maintain and enhance our unique data; and
- Secondary Research calls for the maintenance and the development of relevant sources through regular monitoring of their relevancy.
- Ensure that queries from both internal and external clients are addressed accurately, comprehensively, and timely.
- Provide quality assurance of translated and localized materials.
- Create and maintain language glossaries, dictionaries, and translation memories utilized for translation, and draft language-specific style guides based on project requirements.
- Deliver on predefined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and excellence.
- Stay abreast of updated translation and research guidelines and policies.
- Daily reporting of work performed during the day in the reporting tools; including fix errors as per quality feedback within specified time and report back after completion.
- Participate in developing and executing projects as assigned from time to time as per company requirements.
- Participate in testing new tools and application that would enhance individual and team productivity and efficiency.
- Ideate and execute Process Improvement and Automation projects. and
- Escalate concerns on time and with correct line of communication and appropriate response to mails from co-workers & management Team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Proficiency or native competency in specified language (Chinese) and English. Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and specified language (Chinese and familiarity with Chinese financial markets).
- Knowledge of Accounting and Financial subject matter, concepts, and terms. Preferred knowledge of financial statements (IS, BS, CF etc.), Key Ratios and other market-related data.
- Should have good analytical skills to conduct thorough objective research, and with good attention to detail.
- Well-versed with information research on the internet and desktop applications such as Microsoft Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook).
- Ability to interact with different levels and deal with issues in a mature and professional manner (excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication across teams)
- Must have the ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Strong time management skills – must be able prioritize, multi-task, and deliver regarding work deadlines, service level agreements, and targets set.
- Must have an inquisitive and investigative nature, and be proactive, highly motivated and have a positive attitude.
About Company Statement
- Language proficiency certification is desirable.
- Proven experience of active participation on translation and localization projects particularly related to financial industry/markets.
- Experience with Lean principles, automation, and machine translation.
- Knowledge in SQL, Python and VBA Macro is a plus.
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.S&P Global Market Intelligence
partners with customers to broaden their perspective and operate with confidence by bringing them leading data sources and technologies that embed insight in their daily work.About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global we understand the importance of accurate, deep and insightful information. Our team of experts delivers unrivaled insights and leading data and technology solutions, partnering with customers to expand their perspective, operate with confidence, and make decisions with conviction.
For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.What’s In It For You?
Progress is not a self-starter. It requires a catalyst to be set in motion. Information, imagination, people, technology–the right combination can unlock possibility and change the world.
Our world is in transition and getting more complex by the day. We push past expected observations and seek out new levels of understanding so that we can help companies, governments and individuals make an impact on tomorrow. At S&P Global we transform data into Essential Intelligence®, pinpointing risks and opening possibilities. We Accelerate Progress.Our People
We're more than 35,000 strong worldwide—so we're able to understand nuances while having a broad perspective. Our team is driven by curiosity and a shared belief that Essential Intelligence can help build a more prosperous future for us all.
From finding new ways to measure sustainability to analyzing energy transition across the supply chain to building workflow solutions that make it easy to tap into insight and apply it. We are changing the way people see things and empowering them to make an impact on the world we live in. We’re committed to a more equitable future and to helping our customers find new, sustainable ways of doing business. We’re constantly seeking new solutions that have progress in mind. Join us and help create the critical insights that truly make a difference.Our Values
Integrity, Discovery, Partnership
At S&P Global, we focus on Powering Global Markets. Throughout our history, the world's leading organizations have relied on us for the Essential Intelligence they need to make confident decisions about the road ahead. We start with a foundation of integrity
in all we do, bring a spirit of discovery
to our work, and collaborate in close partnership
with each other and our customers to achieve shared goals.Benefits
We take care of you, so you can take care of business. We care about our people. That’s why we provide everything you—and your career—need to thrive at S&P Global.Our Benefits Include
- Health & Wellness: Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
- Flexible Downtime: Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
- Continuous Learning: Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
- Invest in Your Future: Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
- Family Friendly Perks: It’s not just about you. S&P Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
- Beyond the Basics: From retail discounts to referral incentive awards—small perks can make a big difference.
For more information on benefits by country visit: https://www.spglobal.com/en/careers/our-culture/Diversity, Equity, And Inclusion At S&P Global
At S&P Global, we believe diversity fuels creative insights, equity unlocks opportunity, and inclusion drives growth and innovation – Powering Global Markets. Our commitment centers on our global workforce, ensuring that our people are empowered to bring their whole selves to work. It doesn’t stop there, we strive to better reflect and serve the communities in which we live and work, and advocate for greater opportunity for all.Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)Job ID:
Buenos Aires, Argentina