Our Software Networking Unit is looking for MLOps Engineers to join our development team of data scientists & data engineers to drive Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning solutions for our data rich suite of software cloud networking products.
This role is primarily focused on developing ML solutions which leverage data from our products to drive insights and decision-making for our customers. The core responsibilities of the role involve supporting the automation, development and implementation of machine learning and deep learning models, management of big data infrastructure, and execution of data engineering tasks. The successful candidate will be part of our AI/ML development team who design, create, and support AI-driven products to deliver impactful AI solutions.Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role And Responsibility Will Encompass
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in building, training & deploying ML models and automation of these activities.
- Programming in Java, Python, etc for automation of data extraction, model training, model deployment & production monitoring.
- Building automated pipelines using CICD tools & technologies such as Jenkins, Travis CI, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.
- Deploying solutions to cloud hosted systems such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Diagnosing environmental issues and introduce/implement technologies to solve them.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest container platform releases and containerization techniques.
- Utilizing version control for maintaining codebase integrity and collaboration, fostering a collaborative and error-free development environment.
- Managing big data infrastructure and carrying out data engineering tasks, ensuring efficient data storage, processing, and retrieval.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in AI/ML and related technologies, and apply this knowledge to develop innovative solutions.
- Ensuring that all solutions are developed with a focus on scalability, reliability, and performance.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience in AI/ML model development and/or deployment of AI/ML workloads.
- Experience designing & developing automated pipelines for data extraction, ML model training, ML model production deployments and production monitoring
- Hands-on experience from industry projects and actual validation of models for the operation, scalable deployment and operation and monitoring of machine learning applications for end users.
- Background in developing and implementing automation frameworks and strategies.
- Proficient in Python, with experience in coding and debugging in Python
- Hands-on experience with a cloud computing platform such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL databases.
- Linux skills, preferably in RHEL
- Knowledgeable in applying security practices/techniques in containerized and non-containerized solutions
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
About Business Unit
- Hands-on experience with machine learning techniques and tools, including but not limited to: TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, and XGBoost.
- Familiarity in multiple programming languages (Python, Java) demonstrating versatility and adaptability is a plus.
- Certification in data engineering, machine learning, or AI.
IBM Software infuses core business operations with intelligence—from machine learning to generative AI—to help make organizations more responsive, productive, and resilient. IBM Software helps clients put AI into action now to create real value with trust, speed, and confidence across digital labor, IT automation, application modernization, security, and sustainability. Critical to this is the ability to make use of all data, because AI is only as good as the data that fuels it. In most organizations data is spread across multiple clouds, on premises, in private datacenters, and at the edge. IBM’s AI and data platform scales and accelerates the impact of AI with trusted data, and provides leading capabilities to train, tune and deploy AI across business. IBM’s hybrid cloud platform is one of the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security, and operations across hybrid environments—a flexible foundation for leveraging data, wherever it resides, to extend AI deep into a business.Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better. Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background. Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do. Are you ready to be an IBMer?About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, genetics, pregnancy, disability, neurodivergence, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.