We know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience from a bank they can trust, so we launched our digital bank, Chase, to revolutionize mobile banking with seamless journeys that our customers love. We're already trusted by millions in the US and we're quickly catching up in the United Kingdom – but how we do things here is a little different. We're building the bank of the future from scratch, channeling our start-up mentality every step of the way – meaning you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact.
As a Data Scientist at JPMorgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank, you will be a part of a flat-structure organization. Your responsibilities are to use data to deliver advice, analysis, recommendations, reports, visualizations that improve how we do business. You are expected to be involved in all stages of the lifecycle of data – from gathering data, onboarding it, designing schemas to data analysis and using it in real-time decision systems.
Our Business Analytics team is at the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. We're looking for people who have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By their nature, our people are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. We work in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects – and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we’re looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique – and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference – on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world.Job Responsibilities
Required Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
- Collaborating with business partners, research teams and domain experts to understand business problems.
- Providing stakeholders with timely and accurate reporting.
- Performing ad hoc analysis based on diverse data sources to give decision-makers actionable insights about the performance of the products, customer behavior and market trends.
- Presenting your findings in a clear, logical, and persuasive manner, illustrating them with effective visualizations.
- Collaborating with data engineers, machine learning engineers and dashboard developers to automate and optimize business processes.
- Identifying unexplored opportunities to change how we do business using data.
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities And Skills
- Advanced SQL querying skills.
- Basic data analysis in Python.
- Experience in taking business questions and using big data and statistics to arrive at an answer.
- Experience with customer analytics such as user behavioral analysis, survey analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of machine learning.
- Demonstrated ability to think beyond raw data and to understand the underlying business context and sense business opportunities hidden in data.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with basic concepts on modelling and ML.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Written and verbal communication skills in German.
#ICBcareers #ICBEngineeringAbout Us
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About The Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.