Scout24 is home of ImmoScout24, Germany’s #1 for real estate. With ImmoScout24 we have been revolutionizing the real estate market in Germany and Austria for more than 20 years. Our goal is to build a digital ecosystem that brings homeowners, seekers, and agents together. Finding the right home and property is one of the most important decisions in life. So is your career! #WorkingatScout24
means being part of a diverse and inclusive team of 1,060 colleagues and 58 nationalities. We embrace difference and celebrate individuality. By encouraging open mindedness and authenticity we enable a true learning culture and prepare the ground for personal development. Mistakes are a chance to grow and to innovate. Together we act proactively, strive for improvement, and take responsibility. We talk about success and challenge while treating each other with respect because we are #oneteam
If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to see you joining us! Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the job requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. Grow with us!. Welcome home!
Aside from our people and company culture we are offering awesome benefits that make Scout24 a great place to work!
- Compensation: A competitive salary package and a bonus on top.
- Flexibility: Decide for yourself where you work most effectively. We offer you a hybrid working model, autonomous working time management and 30 days of vacation annually.
- Work from abroad: Our remote working policy includes the possibility to work from abroad for a few weeks per year (if it get along with business and team needs)
- Relocation: Our relocation agency supports you with your visa process and an attractive relocation package.
- Use our products: As an employee you can take advantage of our plus membership for tenants on ImmoScout24 to find a new place to live.
- Development: Dedicated learning time per month, online courses on our ScoutAcademy, regular book challenges, structured feedback, “Lunch & Learn”-Events and individual career paths to push your career to the next level.
- Have kids? We'll support you with a professional family service, which helps you to find a childcare center or offers emergency childcare.
- Furry feel good manager: Bring your dog to work (upon approval, as we prioritise the well-being of our employees and ensure that our dog policy is considerate of allergic individuals and prevents overcrowding on each office floor)
- Mobility: We subsidize public transport or Job Bikes.
- Commitment to sustainability and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI): We have clear environmental and climate protection goals and are involved in social activities and charitable organizations throughout the year. We live the diversity. Our theme weeks on diversity, mental well-being, and other social issues give us time and space to develop ourselves on DEI and sustainability.
- Most innovative office: Our office is in the heart of Berlin right at the central station. 2021 it was awarded for the most innovative office concept. We have our own gym with regular courses, napping room, rooftop terrace, organic coffee, snackbar, 100% green electricity and a massage therapist that comes in once a week.
- We are a tech company: We work with the latest technical tools and hardware.
We are a diverse, multi-cultural and cordial group of data engineers mainly responsible for core data of the company. We build ETLs, do data modelling and create tools that simplify our work. We work closely with data analysts, data scientists and product managers.How Your Role Will Look Like
What You Need To Succeed
- Build and maintain end to end Scout24 core data processing applications in the enterprise data lake.
- Continuously improve the performance of the applications, queries and create standard data processing tools to make day-to-day work easier and efficient.
- Build and automate the deployment strategies for an effective Continuous Integration, development and deployment.
- Work with various business stakeholders of the data products provided by the team while understanding the data and the business
- Proactively work on data quality processes, identifying anomalies, investigating the root cause and resolving them effectively
- Being a sparring support to the users of the data and tooling provided by the core team
- Strong experience in building and optimizing ETLs
- Expertise with Scala/Python
- Experience in orchestrating pipelines using Airflow
- Hands-on experience with AWS
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience building large scale (100s of TB) distributed data systems using modern big data open-source tooling
- Motivation to understand processes end-to-end
- Best practice in data architecture and modelling is not a novum to you
- Ability to work agile and independent
- Experience in working with business intelligence tools is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills and m otivation to challenge the status quo
- You communicate effectively in English