Stori is a fast-growing, venture-backed financial technology company, on a mission to democratize credit access for 400 million underbanked LatAm consumers. Stori currently operates in Mexico and has a global team with offices in Arlington Virginia, Mexico City, and Asia. We have quickly made our mark as one of the top digital banks in Mexico with more than two million applicants for our credit card product since launching.
Stori is one of the top-funded startups in the region with US$250 million raised to date. We are backed by top global venture capital funds, such as GGV Capital, GIC, Lightspeed Venture Partners, General Catalyst, Goodwater Capital, Mexico's Tresalia Capital, Vision Plus Capital, BAI Capital and Source Code Capital; who have successfully invested in startups such as Affirm, Airbnb, Alibaba, Stripe, and TikTok.
Stori has a standout founder team among fintechs, leveraging 100+ years of accumulated experience in consumer finance, banking and technology across Mastercard, Intel, Capital One, Morgan Stanley, GE Capital, and HSBC in the U.S., Mexico and Asia. The team has launched and managed many multi-million-customer credit card products globally, providing a wide breadth of experience and knowledge to our team.
We welcome diversity of background, experience and thinking. Storians are passionate about our mission and take pride in the products we build. Our culture thrives off of a flat structure and an inclusive environment where all of our employees can be their authentic selves, with boundless opportunities for professional growth.The Role
What we are looking for:
- As an IC and team lead, build and maintain data pipelines using Redshift, Dynamo, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, SQS, FIrehose, CDK, Step Functions, etc, with these pipelines will process terabytes of information in batch and real-time, and will:
- Be re-used by various upstream data producers to land their data to the company analytical database or customer data center
- Used in various downstream business dashboards and machine learning models for batch or real-time customer decisions and experience improving
- Calculate real-time business-critical metrics that are used by executives and engineers to make prioritization decisions
- Facilitate design sessions, drive design decisions, lead code reviews. Comfortable challenging assumptions to improve existing solutions and ensure the team is building the best data product possible.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend tools and services required to support data capabilities and/or accelerate delivery.
- Act as a tech lead on both internal and cross-functional projects: work with the business team and engineering leadership to prioritize development roadmaps and plan future projects, prioritize and plan the team's work, communicate with stakeholders on progress, and unblock team members
- Attract and nurture talent, mentor, and develop a world-class engineering team.
Experience:8+ years of experience in software engineering with strong focus on data5+ years experience in building and managing high performance engineer team with Agile framework5+ years experience in building batch and real-time data pipelines that extract, transform, and load the data into analytical data warehouses or data lakeCreative, resourceful, and enthusiastic about seeking new solutions to problems and opportunitiesSkills and attitudes
What we offer
- Expert in SQL, git, and a programming language (ie Python, Java, etc)
- Strong proficiency with Python, NodeJS is a plus
- Familiarity with technologies like AWS Serverless, S3, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, Athena, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, SQS, FIrehose, CDK, Cloudformation, Terraform, or Serverless Framework, Step Functions
- Experience with CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery), Automated Testing, Automated Delivery
- Bonus Points:
- Experience in building customer data center or large scale real-time/batch customer feature data pipelines/microservices
- Experience in developing real-time data pipelines for fintech companies
- Experience with DBT and Airflow
- Make a positive impact on the lives of our customers via financial inclusion
- Professional development opportunities
- International exposure & work experience
- Company swag
- Legally required benefits