Clio is more than just a tech company–we are a global leader that is transforming the legal experience for all by bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice.Summary:
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer
to join our rapidly growing engineering team. This role is for someone who is passionate about building innovative data solutions and being exposed to new challenges and technologies while making an impact. This role is available to candidates across Canada, excluding Quebec.
What your team does:
Our data engineering team is driven to deliver an incredible experience to our customers. As a Data Engineer
at Clio, you will build data pipelines and data warehouses from scratch, as well as make data sets accessible to our partner teams by writing great production code. We move quickly, work with new state of the art technologies, and are motivated by solving complex problems.A day in the life might look like:
What you may have:
- Deliver data pipelines, architectures and data sets through in-depth knowledge of Model and Design of DB schemas for read and write performance
- Implement data ingestion techniques (real time and batch) using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools
- Design, build, and maintain data transformation pipelines consolidating various data sources (streaming or batch) into specific Data Lakes / Data Warehouses
- Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Develop prototype or proof of concept implementations of projects where the technical solution is unknown or unproven
Some highlights of our Total Rewards program include:
- Experienced software development professional who has deep understanding of data engineering principles and experience leading data engineering projects
- Display proficiency in at least one major language (e.g. Python, Scala, Ruby) and SQL, as well as strive to write elegant and maintainable code, and feel comfortable picking up new technologies
- Hands on experience with cloud data analytics services (AWS is preferred)
- Experience with streaming and batch big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Airflow
- Experience working with dbt
- Advanced data warehousing experience working with Redshift or similar
- Experience building data pipelines and the infrastructure required to deploy data models and dashboards that allow data visualization
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills and ability to derive clarity in ambiguous environments
- You are an advocate for the data trustworthiness and product excellence of the data platform you build
- You are a self-starter and can drive projects with minimum supervision
- You mentored junior developers and are invested in their growth
Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity (DIBE) & Accessibility
- The expected salary range* for similar roles within Clio is: $140,200 - $189,700 CAD
- Competitive, equitable salary with top-tier health benefits, dental, and vision insurance
- Hybrid work environment, with expectation for local Clions (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Dublin) to be in office min. once per week on our Anchor Day.
- Flexible time off policy, with an encouraged 20 days off per year.
- $2000 annual counseling benefit
- RRSP matching and RESP contribution
- Clioversary recognition program with special acknowledgement at 3, 5, 7, and 10 years
- Please note that the expected new hire salary range provided is derived from a group of like roles within Clio. Our salary bands are designed to reflect the range of skills and experience needed for the position and to allow room for growth at Clio. For experienced individuals, we typically hire at or around the midpoint of the band. The top portion of the salary band is reserved for employees who demonstrate sustained high performance and impact at Clio. Those who are new to the role may join below the midpoint and develop their skills over time. The final offer amount for this role will be dependent on geographical region, applicable experience, and skillset of the candidate.
Our team shows up as their authentic selves, and are united by our mission. We are dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. We pride ourselves in building and fostering an environment where our teams feel included, valued, and enabled to do the best work of their careers, wherever they choose to log in from. We believe that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and better innovation. We are committed to equal employment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Clio provides accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our culture at clio.com/careers