This is a remote permanent position for those based in US.
At NearForm we build digital products that provide users with fantastic digital experiences and allow enterprises to go to market faster, improve customer experience, while transforming their workflows and advancing our clients' digital agendas. With a recent significant investment into the business, NearForm is poised to scale its impact to more enterprises.The Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Developer who can help our enterprise clients translate their requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. You would be responsible for building server-side components of these applications. You will be outcome driven, and have a drive to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes. You will be working in high performing software teams who are distributed across different locations.
- Designing & building cloud-based applications using server side technologies including Python and SQL
- Supporting system design, development and maintenance and take responsibility for personal technical quality standards within the project team.
- Collaborating with client teams, getting feedback from, and building solutions for, users and clients.
- Assisting with defining structured practices, especially in source code management, building and deployment.
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Implementing security and data protection.
- Executing meticulous automated tests in line with best practice.
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Using appropriate tools to maintain version control and build processes.
- Working with and supporting the Delivery Architect (team lead) in project execution and timely delivery.
- Writing documentation and guides.
- Following new and emerging technologies.
As a Senior Data Developer you will be largely focused on the server side of the application development process. We are keen to hire people who can hit the ground running, as such, there are some skills and experience we really need you to have:
- Experience delivering at a Senior Developer level in an enterprise and agile environment.
- Deep understanding of server side code, with experience developing in Python and utilising Spark
- Deep understanding of ELT/ETL pipelines and toolchains.
- Deep understanding of Relational and Document data stores.
- Deep understanding of how modern web services are built.
- Deep understanding of modern testing methodologies, tools and practices.
- Deep understanding of versioning control tools including Git.
- Understanding of security and performance considerations.
- Understanding of architectural and design patterns in AWS
- Understanding of deployment tools and systems integration.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Empathy and people skills.
- Experience with the Financial industry
- Previous consultancy experience.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Coverage & 401k
- Enjoy a comprehensive paid time off package, encompassing holidays, sick leave, and flexible vacation days. Take the time you need to recharge, care for yourself, and make the most of your moments outside of work.
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- Home Office Support: Receive a home office stipend to help you create a comfortable and productive workspace.
- Investment in Growth: Access a generous professional development budget to support ongoing learning and career growth.
- Positive Company Culture: Join a positive and collaborative company culture that places value on work-life balance.
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers' wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
Please get in touch to discuss remuneration.Recruitment/Application process
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.
- A TalentCall with someone from the Talent team (30 mins approx.) to introduce to you NearForm and the role, and to make sure your experience is relevant for the position and to discuss life as a NearFormer
- An assessment with a member of the hiring team (1 hr approx.), this session is carried out using a screen share. You will be given a challenge and asked to provide a working solution to a specified problem.
- A video call with one of our Hiring Managers (45 mins approx.) which allows us to gain a better insight into what interests you, your technical background, and give you an overview of the work we do at NearForm.