WhereTo is a business travel startup from San Francisco that evolved into an agile development and design studio within the Flight Centre family. We build travel solutions used by some of the largest companies on the planet - we have just one goal: making business travel better for everybody.
WhereTo provides an AI-powered travel platform for corporate travel. Their platform uses machine learning algorithms to recommend personalized travel options based on a traveler's preferences, company policies, and budget. WhereTo's technology also allows for real-time travel tracking, reporting, and cost analysis, enabling companies to optimize their travel programs and reduce costs.
To learn more about WhereTo click HEREAbout The Opportunity
If you love data, this job is for you. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to take on the role of Level II Data Analyst. As a Level II Data Analyst, you will be responsible for advanced data analysis, development of complex reports and dashboards, and providing strategic insights to drive operational performance for our global business. This position requires expertise in data transformation, modeling, and reporting development. Join our fast paced environment at WhereTo as a Level II Data Analyst and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of travel through data analysis and innovation.Key Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Develop advanced visual reports, interactive dashboards, and KPI scorecards to provide in-depth insights into operational performance.
- Collect and process vast amounts of data from multiple sources, employing advanced data transformation techniques to ensure usability and accuracy.
- Generate ad hoc reports, complex datasets, and leverage database or data warehouse queries and scripts to extract information for end-users.
- Integrate data from diverse sources and systems to produce comprehensive and requested data elements.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis of business data, identifying patterns, trends, and anomalies to support decision-making.
- Provide assistance and support to customers, addressing data integrity, validation questions, and resolving related queries.
- Analyze data and trends, and propose performance improvement measures to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate effectively with operations and engineering teams, participating in issue identification, estimation, prioritization, and resolution.
- Comfortably operate within the Agile Scrum model, actively contributing to team meetings and sprint planning sessions.
- Attend meetings with clients and stakeholders, presenting findings, insights, and recommendations with clarity and professionalism.
Work Perks! - What’s in it for you:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics) or related experience.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Strong experience working with analytics platforms such as mixpanel or similar required.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Superset, Tableu, etc
- Experience with data analytics databases such as Druid.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of data relationships and a mastery of SQL syntax to perform advanced data retrieval and manipulation.
- Exhibit exceptional analysis and design skills, critical thinking, and problemsolving abilities to tackle complex business challenges.
- Experience in the DAX language, enabling the development of complex calculations and measures within Power BI a plus.
- Prior experience working with travel data, understanding the unique challenges and requirements within the industry a plus.
- Proficiency in Python or R, enabling advanced data manipulation, statistical analysis, and machine learning capabilities a plus
FCTG is renowned internationally for having amazing perks and an even better culture. We understand that our people are our most valuable asset. It is the passion and dedication of our teams that keep the company on top of the industry ladder. It’s also why we offer some great employee benefits and perks outside of the norm.
- Have fun: At the heart of everything we do at Flight Centre is a desire to have fun.
- Reward & Recognition: Celebrate the success of yourself and others at our regular Buzz Nights and at the annual Global Gathering - You'll have to experience it to believe it!
- Use your smarts: Our people use their quick thinking, expertise, and tenacity to always figure things out.
- Love for travel: We were founded by people who wanted to travel and want others to do the same. That passion is something you can’t miss in our people or service.
- Personal connections: We are a big business founded on personal relationships.
- A career, not a job: We offer genuine opportunities for people to grow and evolve
- We back our people all the way: We are strongly committed to supporting every single employee in their professional and personal development.