is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist
to join our team and support our customers in Baltimore. MD
This role serves as a key Data Scientist on our work for national digital outreach programs for a large federal government agency. The ideal candidate has a combination of technical, operational, and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated expertise in collaborating with cross-functional teams to collect and interpret complex datasets.
Candidates must have a desire to be part of a data-driven, customer-focused, fast-paced team that loves the mission of improving the citizen experience and providing excellent service to government customers.Data Analysis
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex datasets using statistical methods to identify patterns, trends, and outliers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (internally, with partners and with customers) to collect and interpret data.
- Develop and maintain databases, data systems, and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Design and produce compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards.
- Transform complex findings into intuitive visual reports and dashboards to facilitate understanding for non-technical audiences.
- Stay updated with the latest trends in data visualization and integrate innovative techniques into the workflow.
Work Experience And Job Skills
- Work closely with the distributed teams and stakeholders to ensure the data infrastructure decisions factor the interests and data goals of the company and its partners.
- Advocate for data science and analytics principles/best-practices in design/requirements discussions with customers
- Engage with stakeholders to understand their needs and tailor visualizations accordingly.
- 5 years of experience in Data Analytics and Visualization.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools like Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI, QlikView, or D3.js.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex data and produce actionable insights.
- Experience with AWS data and analytics technologies including EMR, Redshift, QuickSight, Glue
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools such as R or Python.
Certificates, Licenses And Registrations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required. Master's degree is preferred
- Due to security requirements, this position is currently open only to U.S. citizens. Additionally, you must have been a resident of the United States at least three of the last five years. Exceptions are possible for applicants who worked for the U.S. Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or military capacity; and/or been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or military employee serving overseas. Such applicants must be able to provide state-side reference coverage. State-side coverage information is required to make a suitability or security determination.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Client location is Baltimore, MD. Onsite meeting participation may be needed occasionally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment.
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/Disability/Vets)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro