Job Requisition ID:
Permanent Full TimePosition Type:
Toronto (ON); Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Vancouver (BC)Travel Requirement:
Travel not requiredLanguage Designation:
English EssentialLanguage Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
Our salaries generally range from $ 81410.14 to $ 101762.68 and are based on qualifications and experience.About CMHC
At CMHC, the work you do and the work we do together matters. We come to work every day with a common purpose: to realize a future where everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and meets their needs.
Our people are second to none. We lean in with courage, band together as a community and try new things to make a lasting impact on housing from coast to coast to coast.
Join us and be part of a team that's committed to making a real difference and be part of something meaningful.
What’s in it for you
We’ve Got The Purpose, The People And The Perks You Need For a Fulfilling Career. Here’s What You Get When You’re a Permanent Employee
About The Role
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Annual individual performance bonus.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan to support your well-being from day one.
- Support in your personal and professional growth with training, mentorship and more – because when you thrive, we thrive.
- An inclusive workplace culture and environment with Employee Resource Groups and more.
- A hybrid work model that lets you balance working from home and nurturing in-person connections by coming into your region’s office at a minimum of 4 times a month.
Join the Analytics team in the Senior Data Scientist position. In this role, you will be responsible for introducing new, innovative analytics techniques and modeling complex problems to support data-driven solutions to Canada’s housing challenges. This role involves proficiency in integrating and preparing large and varied datasets, and communicating these results to various audiences, including senior management.What You’ll Do
What You Need
- Responsible for modeling complex analytics problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques.
- Explore and implement complex techniques such as natural language processing, text mining, multivariate testing, machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Work with the Analytics team to support the maturity of the Analytics capability by introducing analytics approaches, lead knowledge transfer activities, and develop and introduce best practices.
- Conduct advanced data analysis and apply or develop appropriate complex algorithms. In doing so, you will apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, or enhance analytical solutions.
- Present, recommend and communicate analytics solutions in an efficient and easily understandable way to a wide variety of audiences, including senior management.
- Document progresses, finalize model build books, share findings through presentations and reports, and apply visualization techniques that can easily be comprehended and simplified for non-technical stakeholder audiences.
- Work closely within the Housing Economics and Insight and Policy sectors, to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to guide policy and organizational decisions.
It Would Be Great If You Also Had
- An undergraduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Physics or any other related quantitative field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years working with advance analytics and data science technologies.
- A demonstrated proficiency in Python/R, SQL, Alteryx and an experience using a wide range of analytical techniques (e.g. supervised learning, clustering, natural language processing (NLP), time series analysis, A/B testing, regressions, correlations, statistical significance, network/link analysis, sentiment analysis, large language models).
- A solid experience manipulating large datasets and using databases. Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL and Hive.
- A demonstrated experience working with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra or Hadoop.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills which drives creativity and innovation.
- A strong ability to work on several initiatives simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- An advanced ability to communicate abstract analytics findings to business teams and senior management.
Posting closing date:
- A broad understanding of the Canadian housing market including mortgage loan insurance, affordable/social programs, housing finance and socio-economic indicators.
- A demonstrated experience using AI (e.g. generative AI, large language models) for solving problems.
- An experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- A data science certification (e.g. Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Deep Learning, Microsoft Azure Data Scientist, etc.).
Note, the competition will remain active until filled.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We’re committed to employment equity and encourage women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, veterans and persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions to apply. We also welcome applications from non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada.
CMHC is an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought – and of people – are recognized, valued, and considered essential to achieving our mission.About
Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
What happens after you apply
We know that applying for a new job can be both exciting and daunting, and we appreciate your effort. Learn more about our hiring process
. If you are selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
If you applied before and you were not successful don’t worry – we're always posting new positions, so don’t hesitate to give it another shot. We’re excited to see what you bring to the table this time around!