Join us as a Data Engineer
- We’ll look to you to drive the build of effortless, digital-first customer experiences as you simplify our bank while keeping our data safe and secure
- Day-to-day, you’ll develop innovative, data-driven solutions through data pipeline modelling and ETL design, inspiring to be commercially successful through insights
- This is your opportunity to explore your leadership potential while bringing a competitive edge to your career profile by solving problems and creating smarter solutions
What you’ll do
In this role, you’ll develop and share knowledge of business data structures and metrics, advocating for changes when needed for product development. You’ll also educate and embed new data techniques into the business through role modelling, training, and experiment design oversight.
We’ll look to you to drive DevOps adoption into the delivery of data engineering, proactively performing root cause analysis while resolving issues. You’ll also deliver a clear understanding of data platform cost levers to meet department cost savings and income targets.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Driving customer value by understanding complex business problems and requirements to correctly apply the most appropriate and reusable tools to gather and build data solutions
- Actively participating in the data engineering community to deliver opportunities to support our bank’s strategic direction
- Driving data engineering strategies to build complex, scalable data architecture and a customer feature rich dataset
- Driving the advanced automation of data engineering pipelines through the removal of manual stages
- Working alongside colleagues, scrums and project teams while liaising with technology and engineering teams to build business stakeholder engagement and to develop data solutions
The skills you’ll need
We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills and the ability to proactively engage and manage a wide range of stakeholders. You’ll have extensive experience working in a governed, and regulatory environment.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of extracting value and features from large scale data
- An understanding of data usage and dependencies with wider teams and end customers and knowledge of modern code development practices
- Advanced experience of ETL technical design, data quality testing, cleansing and monitoring, data sourcing, exploration and analysis, and data warehousing and data modelling capabilities
- Experience of using programming languages, alongside knowledge of data and software engineering fundamentals