Are you EPIC?
Do you have the ability to demonstrate, understand and apply HFD’s core purpose and
Values In All That You Do? At HFD Our Core Purpose Is To Help The Underserved Live Healthier. In Order To Accomplish This Mission, We Must Ensure That Our Team Is Aligned With Our E.P.I.C. Values:
The EPIC Data Engineer We Are Looking For:
- Excellence: Always exceeding expectations!
- Passionate: Executing with boldness!
- Innovative: Pioneering a better way!
- Collaborative: Together we win!
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining our data pipeline infrastructure, optimizing data workflows and implementing efficient data storage solutions. You will be responsible for optimizing reports and delivering data up stream and work closely with the IT team to enforce data quality standards over vast amounts of data. You will report to the CTO but will work closely with stakeholders to improve data streams across the organization for analytics and data science purposes.
Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires a bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) and 6+ years of relevant experience.Requirements:
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Build and maintain scalable and efficient data processing pipelines, using various technologies such SSIS.
- Develop and maintain monitoring tools to ensure the health and reliability of our data infrastructure.
- Optimize poor performing queries.
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Ensure that all data-related processes comply with relevant data privacy and security regulations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand reporting requirements and performance expectations.
- Define and implement data structures to support reporting needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related category
- 6+ years of industry specific experience
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language proficiently.
- Proven working experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, and Postgres SQL
- Proven experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Proven Experience with Tableau reporting/ building
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and SQL coding
- Experience with cloud-based data storage solutions such as AWS S3, and Azure Blob Storage.
- Strong understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL processes.
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.