Join us on our journey of collaboration and innovation, where your unique skills and talents will be valued and celebrated.
As a Data Engineer - Associate within the Client Account Services (CAS) Intelligent Automation team, you will be an integral part of an agile team. You will be responsible for delivering Intelligent Automation solutions and Analytics insight to optimize and enhance Client Account Services operations. You will report to the Client Account Services Intelligent Automation Lead as a core technical contributor. You will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and optimizing critical data flows across multiple domains in support of the firm’s business objectives.Job Responsibilities
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Delivers secure, stable, and scalable solutions to data collection, storage, access, and analytics challenges
- Implements data flows to connect operational systems, operational data stores, and analytical data stores
- Documents mappings between source and target systems in collaboration with our stakeholders and data architect
- Re-engineers manual or sub-optimal data flows to enable scaling and reusability in line with the firm's technology controls
- Develop and maintain data streaming systems
- Optimizes ETL (extract, transform, load) or ELT (extract, load, transform) code following firmwide best practice
- Identifies opportunities to reuse or optimize data flows
- Contributes to our team's culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Working experience with both relational and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of SQL
- Working experience with Java or Python
- Experience and proficiency across the data lifecycle
- Highly skilled background in data engineering or ETL (extract, transform, load)/ ELT (extract, load, transform) data flow development
- Background in Banking Finance Service and Insurance experience
- Working experience of MQ, Kafka, Kinesis or Streaming real time data development and Web-based Application Programming Interface development
- Maintain documentation on issues, corrective actions in-line with best practice to ensure knowledge accessibility and continuous learning within the team
- Proactively develop operate knowledge and skills by sharing experiences and attending relevant training
- Proactively improve support services by building upon best practice and tools
- Awareness of industry standard System Development Life Cycle processes for quality management
- Working experience of CI/CD - Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About The Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.