About The Role
FTI Consulting is the number one global expert firm for organisations facing crisis, transformation and moments of truth. As part of the Technology Operations team, a Technical Support Engineer
will be responsible for supporting client projects and tasks involving collection, processing and production of computer and digital data, data management, document review support, and ad-hoc technical assistance and troubleshooting of complex software, hardware, and process issues.
As part of a global 'follow the sun' technical support team, this role will require on-call (from time to time) and the ability to work some weekend hours (time off in lieu)What You'll Do
How You'll Grow
- Provide administrative and technical support for hosted e-Discovery applications
- Support Managed Services clients with products and operational tasks (Data intake, Productions, application assistance)
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data processing, conversion, analysis, quality control, import, and other specialized tasks including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel.
- Perform data transfers using Aspera or other means, perform drive duplication, prepare labels and packages.
- Create or execute SQL scripts and utilize applications and tools to improve efficiency and performance of current processes and workflows.
- Commit to providing excellent customer service, enhance their experience and enable them to use FTI supported applications and software.
- Liaise with senior team members and case teams to understand client requests, make informed recommendations, and manage expectations.
- Commit to producing high quality support and work product.
- Respond promptly and professionally to clients.
- Provide timely updates on progress of projects and tasks.
- Research, resolve, and respond to a variety of client inquiries.
- Engage appropriate resources to resolve and provide timely updates to clients.
- Fully document each issue/resolution.
- Participate in the team global shift rotation.
- Develop and nurture successful long-term relationships with internal and external clients
This is an excellent opportunity for a person with exposure to IT technical support and with the ever-evolving technology and application hosting landscape, the need for continuous professional development remains at the forefront of the quality of our team and is wholly supported.
We are committed to investing and supporting you in your professional development and we aim to promote continuous learning and individual skills development through on-the-job learning, self-guided professional development courses and certifications.Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of supporting enterprise clients, with an e-Discovery focus with hosted applications in a cloud environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience with data manipulation, data conversion and data analysis work in Microsoft SQL Server or any other database platform
- Knowledge of SharePoint, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- Familiarity with managing, processing, converting, and analyzing data from the cloud, social media, and other emerging digital data sources such as O365, MS Teams, One Drive, Dropbox, Slack, GSuite etc.
- Understanding of EDRM
- Intermediate ability to create and understand Microsoft SQL Server scripts and stored procedures
- Experience using e-Discovery processing tools & apps highly desirable (Relativity, Reveal or Nuix preferred)
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through completion
- Articulate communicator who can explain technical problems to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible with working hours
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Attractive remuneration, including discretionary bonuses available to all employees
- Financial support to obtain work-related professional qualifications, such as CA, CPA or CFA, and other
- Professional membership contributions and generous paid study leave (up to 12 days)
- Monthly Health & Wellbeing program including fitness subsidies
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Opportunity to join our Reconciliation Action Plan - working group; FTI's Women's Initiative Network (FTI WIN); Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging and Corporate Citizenship committees
- 35 hours per year for approved pro bono matters
- FTI Work Perks: our discount program that provides a wide range of corporate offers, savings and wellbeing resources
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Special leave - 2 days per year of a cultural or religious holiday that is not treated as a public holiday in Australia
- 18 weeks paid, gender-neutral parental leave with full superannuation contributions throughout paid and unpaid leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - free to all employees and their immediate families
- Corporate discount available for health insurance, including dependent(s)
What makes us unique? With more than 8,000 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the NYSE and has been recognised as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter/X ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.