Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
BCG X is the tech build & design unit of BCG. Turbocharging BCG’s deep industry and functional expertise, BCG X brings together advanced tech knowledge and ambitious entrepreneurship to help organizations enable innovation at scale. With nearly 3,000 technologists, scientists, programmers, engineers, and human-centered designers located across 80+ cities, BCG X builds and designs platforms and software to address the world’s most important challenges and opportunities. Teaming across our practices, and in close collaboration with our clients, our end-to-end global team unlocks new possibilities. Together we’re creating the bold and disruptive products, services, and businesses of tomorrow.
What You'll Do
As an AI Engineer, you’ll be part of our rapidly growing BCG X team and help to build the next generation of AI solutions. You’ll have the chance to partner with clients in a variety of BCG regions and industries, and on key topics like climate change, enabling them to design, build, and deploy new and innovative solutions. Additional responsibilities will include developing and delivering thought leadership in scientific communities and papers as well as leading conferences on behalf of BCG X.
Who You Are
We are looking for talented individuals with a passion for software development, large-scale data analytics and transforming organizations into AI led innovative companies
- Apply software development practices and standards to develop robust and maintainable software
- Actively involved in every part of the software development life cycle
- Experienced at guiding non-technical teams and consultants in and best practices for robust software development
- Optimize and enhance computational efficiency of algorithms and software design
- Motivated by a fast-paced, service-oriented environment and interacting directly with clients on new features for future product releases
- Enjoy collaborating in teams to share software design and solution ideas
- A natural problem-solver and intellectually curious across a breadth of industries and topics
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Master’s Degree with 2-8 years of significant work experience, or PhD in computer science or relevant field
- Experience in software development and working with global and remote agile squads
- Proficiency with analytic software programming ideally in python, C++, or SCALA
- Familiarity with the storage, manipulation, and management of relational, non-relational and streaming data structures
- Understanding of parallel computing
- Experience working on AWS, Azure, or Google cloud infrastructure
NICE TO HAVE