The data engineering department within Wehkamp Retail Group (WRG) is building its next version of our data achitecture on our delta/data lake. In doing so, we are looking for a (senior) data engineer to help us realize the enablement of teams with data via our (near) real time data platform.
As a data engineer you will help the WRG develop scalable data processing pipelines. In the last few years we developed a framework in which we proved to successfully enable the company with scalable (near) realtime data solutions via AWS / Spark on our Databricks platform. Our next goal will be to leverage this framework and reach a level of maturity, by for instance implementing a multi label approach, reliable CI/CD processes, high quality data governance and optimized data flow, collection and integration across teams. The ideal candidate gets energy from building data pipelines, redesigning data architectures, challenge other team members and has experience in working via Agile methodologies.
You will be working in the data engineering team, which is part of the tech-core department. Within this team we share knowledge, have a high degree of freedom for implementing new ideas and strive to deliver quality. We are frontrunners when it comes to implementing new innovative Databricks / Spark products and like to present our findings.
- Help building the infrastructure, architecture and data pipelines to enable (near) real time data processing and deliverance;
- Deliver valuable data solutions that meet functional requirements and product specifications;
- Consult and work together with our stakeholders (e.g. data science, reporting) on data engineering solutions, from a consume and produce point of view;
- Identify opportunities, improvements and solutions through research and proof-of-concepts to shape our roadmap and enable data as a strategic business asset.
You will report to the Tech Lead of the domain team you will join. The team will be defined closer to your starting date, based on what you and us consider the best fit at that point in time.
What do you have?
- Experience of at least 3 years either as a Data Engineer or a Software Engineer with a focus on building (scalable) data pipelines in distributed environments;
- Experience working with AWS, Python, Spark / Pyspark, SQL, NoSQL. Experience with Databricks (Delta) and/or stream-processing systems like Kafka are a plus;
- One or both of:
- DevOps (Terraform / Git / AWS)
- Data warehousing (etl)
- Be self – motivated, you foster a growth mindset and believe in lifelong learning;
- Domain knowledge in retail or finance is a plus;
- A bachelor or master's degree in areas like Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Econometrics, Business Analytics is a plus;
- You have an EU citizenship.
What We Offer
You become part of the Wehkamp Tech Hub. Working at the Tech Hub means working in an innovative and inspiring high-tech working environment. In our new head office, the Wehkamp Tech Hub has its own environment with plenty of room for collaboration, learning from each other and presenting results.
Please check out: https://medium.com/wehkamp-techblog
- Possibility to work mostly remote;
- 10.5% holiday allowance;
- 25 holiday days;
- Profit sharing;
- Onsite gym;
- Pension scheme;
- Discounts on your additional health insurance;
- Room for growth;
- Staff discount on almost the entire range of Wehkamp & Kleertjes.com.