With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 60 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation, and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.Overview
Vertex is currently accepting applications for one full-time, permanent Spatial Data Analyst. The successful candidate is responsible for assembling, organizing, and maintaining environmental databases under the direction and guidance of the Project Manager.Responsibilities
- Compile, manage, and analyze data collected by field personnel using EQuIS and other database applications.
- Management of EQuIS spatial databases.
- Staying current on industry guidelines.
- Creation of high-quality content that conveys technical concepts.
- Provide reporting support by generating and formatting tables, charts, or graphs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Environmental or Earth Sciences or another applicable field.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the environmental industry with emphasis on data management.
- Strong knowledge of database software: EarthSoft EQuIS, MySQL, or similar software.
- Strong experience in:
- Entering field and laboratory analytical chemical data into database.
- Updating and maintaining environmental database.
- Reviewing data for deficiencies and following QA/QC procedures.
- Running and exporting analytical reports.
- Solid Python coding experience.
- Experience in database development and management, software development, scripting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel and VBA programming to develop and implement VBA scripts for analytical tabular and graphical outputs from Excel.
- Strong command of the English language including, but not limited, to excellent writing, grammar, and spelling.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Experience working with environmental, chemical, or analytical data and experience with geospatial data.
- Experience with laboratory reports, codes and processes, and knowledge of regulatory guidelines.
- Experience in the consulting, oil and gas, or environment industries.
- This position will be based out of our Calgary, Sherwood Park or Victoria offices.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply now!
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*