Join us as a Data Engineer on our EBI team in Round Rock,Tx, Hopkinton, MA or remote to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
At Dell Technologies we are enabling the next data decade for our businesses and customers. With some of the biggest data implementations in the industry, the Dell Digital Data team is constantly reimagining and innovating the way data is consumed and enabled.
In this role we are looking for individuals who are passionate about data and the possibilities of leveraging it to power intelligent, insightful and impactful outcomes. You will be working with some of the best minds and talents in the data space including business stakeholders, architects, application teams, privacy, security, governance etc. We believe in empowering our teams and leaders to take end to end ownership of the outcomes with the highest focus on quality, stability, security and customer satisfaction.
Design and develop analytical design for business problem statement and progress the solution from design though the software development lifecycle to implementation using various analytics tools and techniques.
- Analyzes business needs and creates software and hardware solution blueprints.
- Work closely with Data Product Managers and Solution Architects to define use cases and measurable business metrics
- Works with engineering teams to check the feasibility of the solution, build stories and architects the solution for the Projects. Drives use cases through complete lifecycle.
- Prepares flow charts, systems diagrams and design documentation to assist in problem analysis.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs software according to Dell’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Mentoring junior team members on technical and functional skills. Should be a great team player. Functional knowledge of business processes is required.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 7 - 10 years of relevant IT experience in Data-Warehousing Technologies with excellent communication and Analytical skills
- Should possess the below skillset experience –
- Comfortable with ETL concepts
- Experience working with Teradata/Oracle/SQL Server/Greenplum as data warehouse databases
- Very strong in SQL (DDL, DML, procedural)
- Should know Unix and Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of technologies like Spark and Hadoop HDFS, Hive, Hbase
- Hands on experience on change capture and ingestion tools – StreamSets, Informatica
- Knowledge on Kafka and Oracle GoldenGate
- Strong experience in Source code repositories like Git, SVN and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of NRT and associated Tech stack -Spark, MemSQL
- Understands Data Architecture, data profiling, data quality
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be experienced in diverse industry and tools and data warehousing technologies
- Experience in working in Agile (SCRUM) Methodology
- We are looking for individuals who:
- Are a Go getter with an entrepreneurial spirit and having ownership to deliver outcomes
- Have the ability to thrive in ambiguity and define the path forward
- Constantly raise the bar for excellence
- Innately curious and passionate to solve problems
- Are obsessed with customer success and inspire their teams to go above and beyond
- Bachelor of Engineering or Master of Computer Applications
- Experience in handling Data Security and Governance
- Prior experience in delivering full stack Applications, APIs
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.