This role sits in Network Rail Design Delivery (NRDD), part of Engineering Services which is a business unit of Route Services. Route Services is a business area that has been created to provide services to the routes in the safest, most cost-efficient, and effective way, enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources.
Network Rail Design Delivery (NRDD) provide a managed service for design delivery through a regionally focused national multi-disciplinary organisation utilising relationships with supply chain design organisations. NRDD bring a range of different specialist design and engineering activities including Signalling, E&P, LV, B&C and Track Design that complement each other to add value and improve the overall diverse service offering.
The role has been specifically recruited to be part of a team, delivering an internal change Digital Enablement Programme. The programme is designed to provide the technology, systems, processes, guidance and training to enable integration of this innovative programme across Engineering Services (NRDD). This role will support the configuration, customisation, data analytics, reporting and connectivity of data between systems and applications.
Support the work and decisions of the route asset management team by provide engineering data analysis.
- Provide engineering data analytical support to the route asset management team.
- Monitor the performance of engineering assets, as shown by the key performance indicators, analysing trends and escalating any areas that require action.
- Provide input to the development, implementation and use of engineering decision support tools.
- Support other teams and groups as required by providing data and information for cross-discipline analysis, to meet regulatory requirements, and to support incident response, etc.
- Carry out special engineering analysis as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Significant relevant Engineering experience in an analytical role
- Understanding of information systems
- Degree in Engineering or other numerate discipline
Full time but flexible working patterns will be considered
12 Month fixed term contract (with potential to be extended)
Closing date: 1st February 2023
Band & Salary:
Band 5 (£28,000-£32,000)
We’re an organisation where people matter. We matter to millions.
We offer excellent benefits, including:
- Flexible working patterns such as working from home and working compressed hours
- A range of pension schemes
- Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Rail and underground season ticket subsidies up to 75%
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and volunteering days (5 days)
- 2 weeks paid reserve leave for our Armed Forces community
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- GymPass – Access to gyms across the UK
- Access to ‘My Benefits’ portal which include discounts in food, technology and experience days
In 2021, we were voted as one of the Best Places to work in the UK .
Click ‘apply for this job’ to apply. If you would like to speak the Resourcing Team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information of the role please contact Andrew.email@example.com
About The Company
We are committed to a diverse workplace enriched with representation from diverse cultures, backgrounds and skills. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where difference is embraced, and individuals can thrive. We recognise that the success of the team is dependent on a multi-cultural, multi-disciplined group of individuals, aligned to deliver successful solutions.
At Network Rail, we have several employee networks to reflect our diverse population and help to raise issues to the wider workforce and support their membership and support our Everybody Matters strategy, led by our central Diversity & Inclusion team. We have Diversity & Inclusion Champions who take part and lead on many activities, to drive through more initiatives to support an inclusive environment for all its people and promote a professional and positive working environment . For more information on Diversity & Inclusion at Network Rail, please follow this link
(External and Contractors) Drugs and Alcohol Standard:
All prospective candidates offered a conditional role will be required to undergo and pass a drugs and alcohol test. Your application will be rescinded if you record a positive test. All positive drugs and alcohol test results for prospective candidates will be securely held on Sentinel database and a 5 year suspension from applying for a safety critical role, a role which requires PTS certification or a Key Safety role on Network Rail Managed Infrastructure will be enforced
Network Rail Infrastructure Ltd