As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Data Scientists are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to
accelerate client transformation.
- Acts as a key contributor to a Garage team, partnering with clients to understand business problems and propose solutions
- Contributes to co-creation of rapid proofs of concept and minimally viable solutions that demonstrate
- business value, leading to client investment in strategic solutions
- Translates business problems into leading-edge analytics solutions using consulting skills, industry expertise and technical knowledge
- Delivers meaningful insights and predicts emerging trends to inform business solutions that optimize
- client value
- Familiar with Data Engineering techniques to gathers, prepare, cleanse, and transforms client data for
- analysis and AI automation, including automating data pipelines
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Data Scientist for 3+ years
- Experience with identifying data sources, transforming data, etc. for 3+ years
- Client facing role, including facilitating client discussions and problem framing for 2+ years
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and ability tounderstand business problems, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to influence solution design
- Leverages a variety of structured and unstructured data sources, analytics, AI tools, and programming languages to derive meaningful data insights (e.g., Python, R, Spark, TensorFlow, Jupyter, etc.)
- Possesses relevant industry and/or business domain knowledge such as Finance or Health Care
- Typically has academic training in a quantitative discipline and/or a specialized degree in data science
- or analytics
About Business UnitIBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.