Senior Data Engineer- Commercial IoT
Do you want to be part of the Commercial IoT team?
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. At Vodafone Group, we partner with our local markets to drive consistency and earn customer loyalty across 20 countries for over 600 million customers. We are restless and passionate about creating a better future for all. We are always open to new things, and curious to create solutions that our customers will love. We are constantly learning to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards and to deliver on our strategy. Our ambition is to improve 1 billion lives and half our environmental impact by 2025. It’s up to each of us to make this happen. Ready?
The commercial team drives all consumer-facing products, services & innovation. If you are part of the team, the future is in your hands. Our products help build a Digital Society that’s hyper-connected. In that society, inclusion is key - we want everyone to have access to technology, not just the fortunate few. This ranges from Consumer IoT solutions for the home, price plans for girls in India, and data offerings that suit all streaming needs. You build the Vodafone our customers see and experience every day. The team is broad; you could be working within brand, commercial management, consumer services, terminals, M-Pesa or customer experience operations. What links us all together is that we think big, take risks, keep the best and learn from the rest. Do you?
We created V by Vodafone 2 years ago with a mission to pioneer a new way of connecting customers to the world of Internet of Things. Now, we are revolutionising the playing field in Consumer Internet of Things.
- Building the infrastructure for data pipelines for Consumer IoT
- Ensuring quality and security of data stored and transferred
- Designing, Building, adopting data models and pipelines
- Knowledge sharing of data engineer expertise and best practises with clients and communities.
- Analyse usage of data products incl. correlation patterns and define potential technical enhancements
It would be nice if you have…
- Hands-on experience with Apache Hadoop stack: HDFS, Oozie, Hue, Spark, Hive, Impala
- Experience with cloud native services like AWS, Kinesis, Lambda, S3 and others
- First experience with Apache Tez, Datameer, Tableau, Splunk is an optional plus
- Applied Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Professional experience and knowledge of Internet and/or Telco industries
You must have…
- Strong communication skills to manage local and remote stakeholders in a highly distributed team
- Professional work experience with data, analytics, BI
- Deep experience of Big Data Analytics technologies (infrastructure, pipelines, data storage)
- Deep experience and expertise across data integration and data management
- Experienced in data quality and security management