First Digital Finance Corporation (FDFC) is a fin-tech company building disruptive and innovative products in retail credit for Southeast Asia.
The company operates BillEase, the top-rated, buy now pay later (BNPL) platform for merchants and their customers in the Philippines with more than 1m downloads.
Build financial services that delight and enable consumers
Use software and AI and to build financial products that are at least 10x better than status quo for our customers
You Will Be Responsible For
- Creating predictive and prescriptive models that could have a positive impact on the business.
- Driving all data analytics activities ranging from conceptualisation, visualisation to operationalisation.
- Performing statistical analysis on historical data to validate models.
- Working across stakeholders to identify and capitalise on opportunities to leverage data to drive business solutions.
- Developing scripts to process structured and unstructured data.
- Recommending, developing and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Supporting translation of data business needs into technical system requirements.
- Working with stakeholders to understand needs in order with respect to data structure, availability, scalability and accessibility.
- Communicating and supporting the use of the data architecture to all stakeholders.
- Development of data architecture, strategy and governance.
- Providing secure, stable, scalable and cost-effective solutions to facilitate storage, integration, usage, access, and delivery of data assets across the business.
- Implementing real-time analytics use-cases on the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Providing expertise on the various components & features of the Hadoop ecosystem (such as Spark, Map/Reduce, YARN, Hive, Pig, Impala/Drill etc.).
- Designing and setting up Hadoop cluster in line with current and future needs.
- Development and troubleshooting on Hadoop technologies.
- Monitoring Hadoop cluster for performance and capacity planning.
- You possess an advanced degree, in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- You have at least 1-year experience, ideally within a Data Scientist, Data Architect, or Data Engineer role.
- Ability to conceive the data picture from an organizational perspective, and bridge the gap between current state and future goals.
- Demonstrated experience working with large and complex data sets as well as experience analyzing volumes of data.
- Exposure/expertise in one or more of emerging tools like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
- Ability to write and execute complex queries in SQL.
- Strong expertise in data modeling & database design.
- You possess strong knowledge of Django, Hadoop, Java, and Python.
- Expertise in Data Design and Hadoop ecosystems (Hadoop, Spark, Map/Reduce, YARN, Hive, Pig, Impala, Drill) would be highly valuable.
- You are a strong team player who can manage multiple stakeholders
- You enjoy finding creative solutions to problems
- You pay strong attention to detail and deliver work that is of a high standard
What's on Offer?
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Work alongside & learn from best-in-class talent.
- Work within a company with a solid track record of success