For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Exciting opportunity for a Client Data Analyst (Client Intelligence Specialist) for our Research Models and Services (RMS) business located in Europe. This is a home-based position working in collaboration with the European Business Development (BD) -Team, Client Engagement, and Marketing teams. Responsible for gathering and analysing market information, profiling of personas to create new opportunities & contacts, closely following competition, and providing technical information within the European BD -Team for Charles River Research Models and Services (RMS).Monday - Friday - 35 Hrs per week
Salary - Negotiable DOE
You will be responsible for Customer & Market data gathering and analysis
Partnering & Collaborations
- Customer deep-dive support for Target Accounts (how is the customer funded, what organs determine the direction of the institution, who is sitting on the boards, analysis of annual reports, etc.)
- Gain knowledge of customer study needs and applications of Charles River products and services while continuously gathering account intel and data mining new sales prospects/leads.
- Monitor EU competitors in different fields of RM.
- New models, won tenders, changes in personnel, press releases, pricing, etc.
- Analysis of competitor information (techniques, changes at personnel levels, opening/closing of animal rooms, health status, etc. via LinkedIn, LinkedIN SalesNavigator, Industry Newsletters, Scitodate data, press releases, etc.)
- Seek and find new scientific initiatives on the European level and country-wise by following calls for party third-party funding (HORIZON, DFG, BMBF, etc.) and press releases from large funding institutions
- Gather information about tenders submitted from DTAD, LIBELL, or other European platforms
- Gather data on market trends, competitive products, and pricing (e.g., via LinkedIn, LinkedIN SalesNavigator, Industry Newsletters, Scitodate data, press releases, etc.)
- Extended Market analysis and details-gathering of the top customers in Europe on changes in personnel, strategy, new positions, social media posts, website communication, etc.
- Client (Engagement) Activity Analysis
Job Qualifications & Competencies
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders, including but not limited to marketing, client engagement, product management, and project management.
- Collaborate with the Client Engagement team to research and develop targeted precision-targeted opportunities for prospected Sales opportunities and contacts.
- Support Marketing and Sales to drive product/service promotions
- Participation in Accelerator calls from different territories
- Undertake consistent data analysis and maintenance in alignment with Client Engagement and the European BD Team
- Support potential customers by analyzing different sets of data to profile their immediate needs and tasking the appropriate BD to engage in direct conversations with identified personas
- Interactions with other departments and customers does not require customer facing travel.
The following are the ideal qualifications and personal attributes for the position:
- Training / Degree as a Data analyst, Data Scientist, Media Informatics, or comparable education / degree with a data analytics with an emphasis in the life science or research related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute.
- Interested in data analysis to identify individual needs of personas to progress in their research work
- High degree of competency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types.
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the sales process, and solutions using Charles River products and services.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team goals through personal contribution and teamwork
- Fluent English in oral and written business fluent preferred
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce, or a similar CRM database
- Comfort (familiarity) with LinkedIn and preferrable LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
Life assurance, bonus, career development, training opportunities, free onsite parking, subsidised staff room, pay for participation on volunteer days, on-site team building, charity fundraising days, employee engagement programs.Pension plan:
1st year employee -Company contribution 4% - Employee 4%, after one year: Company 5% -Employee 3%. After three years: Company contribution 9%Holidays
- 26 days + 8 for Public holidays
If you are highly motivated and possess the skill set required, we would love to hear from you.IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.About Research Models & Services
Fundamental to basic research and discovery is the use of in vivo models to help identify disease targets and determine potential biological pathways that regulate the condition. As the world’s leader in the production and distribution of the highest quality research animal, with 1 out of 2 animal models produced for preclinical research globally, we understand the importance of this step. With seven decades of experience, our expertise is unmatched, allowing us to provide you with the perfect model, including disease-specific and preconditioned options, for basic research and beyond.About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.