Brinks Home Security™ is a proven leader in the smart home technology and residential security industries, providing cutting-edge products and alarm monitoring services to more than one million customers throughout North America. We are currently seeking a motivated and dynamic Data Scientist.
Our brand promise delivers on 4 core principles:
- Integrity in Action: Be True, Be Responsive, Be Accountable
- Sense of Urgency: Every Moment Matters
- Relentless Discipline: Rigor, Precision and Excellence in Every Single Action
- Results Matter: Account to Customers, Employees & Stakeholders
Join our team of trusted security advisors and providers and help us create more secure smart home customers.
Brinks Home Security’s Business Intelligence team is rapidly growing and is seeking a Data Scientist to advise on and implement machine learning models to improve customer acquisition and customer retention efforts across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and evaluate machine learning and optimization models across multiple platforms to create actionable insights from complex data sets.
- Work closely with data engineers to deploy models and systematically track model and data performance.
- Understand and clearly communicate model performance to leadership team by translating the complex into the concise and clear
- Collaborate with Operations, Marketing, Sales, and IT to utilize model findings to build and test programs that improve customer acquisition and retention efforts
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or Undergraduate degree with significant, demonstrative experience in data science
- 3+ years of demonstrated/hands-on experience required for the following:
- Machine Learning and statistical analysis (text mining, sentiment analysis, gradient boosting, random forest, regression, etc.)
- Designing and running experiments and extracting insights
- Visualization/Dashboarding tools (Experience with Tableau preferred)
- Proficiency in Python and relevant libraries
- Thorough understanding of SQL
- 2+ years’ experience working with cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business stakeholders on use cases and requirements