Work at Purchasing Power
Purchasing Power is a fantastic place to work because: Purchasing Power was founded on the belief that we could empower people and provide the means for them to obtain the small (and sometimes big!) things that improve the quality of their lives.
Purchasing Power, Atlanta, GA (Midtown Location)
Purchasing Power one of Atlanta’s fastest-growing e-retailers is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA. In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the design and implementation of mid-to-large scale enterprise projects by delivering data pipelines in a cloud environment and will report directly to the Data Architect. The Data Engineer will be responsible for consistently analyzing and maintaining our AWS cluster for our data warehouse. In this role, you will maintain the data pipeline and ensure that data lineages are kept up to date.
What you’ll do (Duties)
- Work with enterprise/application/solution architects, product architects, product owners, data scientists, and engineers to bring big data and data science R&D projects into Production.
- Deliver “hands-on” design expertise in support of the Purchasing Power Environment. Looking for Data Architects/Engineers to build, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical database models.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in enterprise-level cloud data architecture and advance analytic solutions
- Understanding of conceptual, logical, and physical architectures for cloud-based data solutions – AWS preferred.
- Develop end-to-end cloud data solutions including architecture, infrastructure, storage, data model, ETL/ELT, and consumption
- Lead the technical design and solution of migrating on-premise legacy data solutions to cloud-based data platforms. Again, AWS is our preferred cloud infrastructure and would prefer somebody with extensive AWS experience in EC2 and Redshift.
- Define best practices and frameworks for capabilities across the data and analytics landscape.
- Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop a strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Provide visionary leadership for projects related to Big Data technologies and software development support for client research projects
- Establishes and participates in data management processes including data lineage, data profiling, data quality management, data stewardship, and governance.
- Document the architecture and architectural decisions related to the assigned application portfolio.
- Develop highly scalable and extensible data platforms/warehouses which enable the collection, storage, modeling, and analysis of massive data sets
- Experience with Java/J2EE technologies and other web technologies.
- Experience working with a data pipeline in the cloud (AWS highly preferred).
- Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka Connect, Oracle, Dremio, Redshift, Elastic Search, and other open source technologies are a requirement.
- Data Visualization: any of Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView, Domo
- Data Ingestion framework: Confluent platform including Kafka, Kafka connect, Schema Registry
- Database Platforms (DBaaS): Snowflake, RedShift, Azure SQL DW, Azure SQL DB, Big Query
- At least 3-5 years of dimensional data modeling
- Strong Scripting skills in Python and shell scripting.
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of SDLC process.
- Experience working in public cloud environments, i.e. AWS
- Enterprise Database: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Mongo DB, NoSQL, Dynamo DB
- Retail industry knowledge and experience required
- Source control knowledge: GitHub
- Agile / Scrum experience preferred
- To be able to work in a fast-paced agile development environment
- B.Sc in Computer Science preferred
- Nice To have but not required: ML, AI,
- Must have Elastic Search experience
Why Purchasing Power?
We are the leading specialty e-retailer offering consumer products, vacations and online education services through an easy and convenient payment plan. Our customers love us because we make paying for their purchases stress- and hassle-free. The automatic payments help them to avoid penalty fees and ballooning interest associated with other payment options. While the fixed payment duration options empower them to budget more efficiently. Ours is a revolutionary e-commerce experience that gives customers access to a better life combined with a responsible way to buy.
Purchasing Power is ‘Powering People to a Better Life™’ through its employee purchase program, financial literacy efforts and charitable contributions.
For more information, visit www.PurchasingPower.com
- Our people! We are very proud of our people, we “Power People to a better life”
- 100% company paid benefits for employees
- Kitchen stocked with gourmet coffee, teas and free snacks
- Casual work environment
- Summer Hours
- Flexible PTO
- Top of the line hardware
Purchasing Power is an equal opportunity employer. At Purchasing Power, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Back ShareApply Now