Senior Data Analyst
Do you want to join us on a very exciting journey using data in business decision making, improving customer experience and using it responsibly? We have state of the art technologies and tools available to work on and very exciting topics to polish your skills. You will form part of a team with very skilled, intelligent and caring people in the Advanced Analytics & AI team. Does this sound interesting, then keep reading.
The Advanced Analytics & AI team is looking for a new senior data analyst. The team’s vision is to service data needs of the organization, engaging customer with data driven personalized communication and provide data insights to management and the stakeholders so that data driven decision making and performance analysis can be supported.
What is really exciting about working with Telenor is that you have lots of opportunities to become part of exciting projects and to work within disciplines such as data engineering, data science and visualization. The work environment is great and the opportunities for development are endless – either within your field or if you would like to try something new.
Mansoor, Head of Advanced Analytics & AI, Marketing & Digital
To succeed in the role, you will use your programming skills to prepare data, analyze it, provide insights from data, build knowledge about Telenor’s complex data structures and understand telecom business and stakeholder needs to give recommendations as the data expert.
In the role, your focus will be on querying data and perform analysis, thus:
- Understand the demands and requirements of business
- Querying the data and performing sanity checks
- Performing analysis and preparing insights from data
- Talking to marketing team on campaign evaluation and data enablement needs
- Present and share the results to respective audiences
- Automate the tasks to reduce manual work
- Prepare dashboards for self-service analytics
In the job as senior data analyst you will have an outgoing role working with stakeholders and participating in projects and task related meetings to collect requirements and give input as data consultant. You need to prioritize and make time estimation on tasks by considering complexities and dependencies and educating the stakeholders about other possibilities available with data. In the job you need to be flexible in working in different work setups like project allocation, cross functional team, agile squad or working with adhoc tasks
Who are you?
The ideal candidate for this job should have gained some experience, having worked 2-4 years in a tech savvy, good sized company with multiple data sources and has Masters or bachelor’s degree within computer science, data and analytics or equivalent .
We expect that you have:
- Good hands-on knowledge of SQL and python.
- Deep knowledge on data management and RDBMS techniques
- Proven record on working with different stakeholders including data engineers, BI, IT and business.
- Working experience with visualization tools like Power BI, Qlik Sense etc.
- GitHub knowledge is a plus but not mandatory
- Interest in data driven marketing or personalized communication concepts
- Interest in machine learning techniques and model building process
- Telecom experience will be a plus
As a person you can see yourself in the below characteristics:
- Good analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset
- A positive, learning attitude with motivation to perform better everyday
- Positive, outgoing, supportive/receptive of good ideas
- Energetic, self-motivated and easy going
- Outgoing towards stakeholders conducting and engaging in good dialogue
Your new colleagues
Advanced Analytics & AI team is part of Marketing & Digital department in Telenor DK, and you will report to Head of Advanced Analytics & AI and be part of a team of 6 with skills of data analytics, data science, web analytics. The team is diverse in culture and has members from different countries. The official language of company is Danish while communication language in team is English.
We have four behaviours that guide the way we work: Always Explore. We believe growth comes from learning every day. We’re curious and we dare to challenge, test, fail fast and pivot. Create together. We believe diverse teams find better solutions. We seek different perspectives, share, involve and help each other succeed. Keep promises. We believe that trust is key in all our relationships. We take ownership and pride in delivering with precision and integrity. Be respectful. We believe in the unique human ability to understand what matters for people. We meet everyone at eye level, listen and show that we care.
You can read more about working at Telenor here: https://www.telenor.dk/om-telenor/jobs/
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Head of Advanced Analytics & AI, Mansoor Ali Malik at email: MANM@telenor.dk
If you are interested in applying, please apply through our online recruitment system by clicking the link to apply. We look forward to hear from you, no later than 30th of May.