Clinical Data Scientist
Job Locations (All) | US-RemotePosted Date 3 days ago(7/2/2020 8:46 AM)ID2020-64533
OverviewWho we are:
Our motto: One client! One team! One set of processes to learn!Why join SSD Biometrics?
- Over 525 PRA Biometrics resources currently in FTE Programs across 12 global clients
- 86% global team retention (well above industry standard)
- Resources located in North America, South America, Asia-Pacific and Europe
- Roles include embedded, dedicated leadership structure + all levels of Data Managers, Stats Programmers, Biostatistics, IVRS, ePRO, Medical Coding
- Several teams are remote, others partially based in PRA Philadelphia headquarters, others at Sponsor sites, global PRA facilities
- Management almost always grown from within, with a PRA manager in place for every team
- Teams range in size from 1 resource to 200+ and several relationships have been established for 5, 10, and 15+ years!
- PTO policy is very competitive
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Have you had a chance to see our sweet office in Blue Bell?
- Significant return rate of PRA ex-employees
- Get involved in client initiatives, process improvements, investigator meetings, training, mentoring…..break out of the day-to-day
- See the results of your work through direct discussions, meetings, townhalls and teambuilding events with client leadership
- Upward mobility for those that are interested – our SSD leadership structure is primarily built from within and have been in place with us for 5, 10+ years!
- High retention of team members and management means stable teams and positive program culture
- Permanent PRA employees with examples of opportunities to convert to client perm roles
- Significant global industry conference participation, SCDM, JSM, PhUSE, PharmaSug, DIA.
The Clinical Data Scientist is capable of leading Clinical Data Management centralized monitoring activities as well as supporting study-level risk-based monitoring activities with minimal support and oversight.
- Implement strategies, initiatives, processes, and standards to support timelines and deliverables for quality data
- Align with protocol, ICH GCP, and regulatory requirements
- Provide and maintain documentation to support activities
- Provide technical and consultative expertise to set up study level dashboards and visualizations in the Data Review and Management System
- Review output of dashboards and communicate recommended mitigations and actions to study teams including adjustments to Source Data Verification activities
- Foster effective cross-functional communication with study teams to manage issues, follow-up, and outcomes during the course of a study
- Participate in evaluation and pilot of Data Review and Management System external vendor tool
- 5-8 years of experience working in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
- Prior experience working in Risk-Based Monitoring (RBM), Centralized Monitoring, and/or Central Statistical Monitoring with an understanding of RBM principles and methodology
- Technical expertise in database development, data management, etc. and associated principles including CRF design, database set up, data review and cleaning activities
- Thorough understanding of clinical development process and principles of study design
- Experience in managing projects as well as effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, organize tasks, time and priorities, ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal & external stakeholders, locally and globally
- Ability to think critically and translate data into actions for functional areas
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Knowledge of basic statistical principles
- Experience with Analyst software (e.g., Spotfire, Power BI, Tableau)
- SAS programming experience
- Bachelors or higher in a health-related field
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Manages ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Nimble learning - Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Tech savvy - Anticipating and adopting innovations in business building digital and technology applications.
- Cultivates innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
Apply for this job onlineApplyShareSorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!